cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start or Stop PI Channels with SAP system down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello how are you?

I'm trying to change the status of all channels del Adapter Engine SAP PI 7.11 using a Oracle SQL statement to put all the communication channels (soap, file, rfc, jdbc, etc) into a "stopped" state with the system shutdown.

update SAPSR3DB.XI_AF_ADM_STATE set ACTIVATION_STATE = 'STOPPED'

update SAPSR3DB.XI_AF_ADM_STATEHIS set ACTIVATION_STATE = 'STOPPED'

This statements works but not completely because some channels will remain in status "started" 

Anyone can tell me some XI tables (JAVA SCHEMA) where does PI store detail info on "states" of communication channels?

Please dont tell me tables  for cache like XI_AF_CPA_CHANNEL, SSRVCHANNEL,  and so on...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Gaby,

Please notice that it is unsupported from SAP point of view.

This is problematic as in DB the representation is more complicated.

There are actually 3 tables involved. Table XI_AF_CPA_CHANNEL contains all channels. To manually stop a channel, you need to update the respective entry in table XI_AF_ADM_AUTO to status MANUAL and then create an entry in table XI_AF_ADM_STATE with status STOPPED.

Best regards,

Bence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bence for your procedure!,  I think that is not really safe and can cause problems.

The true is: my idea to stop channels from a SQL statemens... sucks

So,the best way to solve my problem will be to put the server behind a firewall and then start SAP system. So, there is not posibility that any channels can connect outside.

But if anyone have more ideas step by step it will be received with pleasure in order to share this with the SAP community.:)

I found other workaround about why I could not see all channels from XI_AF_ADM_AUTO table:

First at all SAP must be UP and runnning, then you have to set all channels in "stopped" and MANUAL status from RWB. Then execute  sql statement (count) over XI_AF_ADM_AUTO table and you will see it now contains all channels that we have defined in SAP PI

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

juan_vasquez2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaby

I think is better Planning Availability Times

see this link

Planning Availability Times - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

Then you can configure your channel to be stoped at a defined time

Then the channel will start in other defined time.

I suggest no to access databesa tables directly.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan

please note that I have to do with SAP OFFLINE because it is a restore of production in other server.

0 Kudos

Dear Gabriel,

I do not know what tables are stored this data, but what if you use the tool described here:

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Bence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bence, thanks for you suggestion. I already knew about this blog.

But my point mandatory is:  Make the changes of Channels state with the SAP system off. Only the database is up and runnning.

Gaby