cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to control EWM inventory availability in ECC? For example: pick confirmed inventory in GI-ZONE is shown as available inventory in ECC.

Or if we received inventory into a not pickable in EWM storage bin, it still show this inventory as unrestricted use in ECC. Is there any way to

block this inventory, so it wouldn't be visible for customer to place an order??   Many Thanks. Erica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

were do you look at and what do you want to achieve?

"How to control EWM inventory availability in ECC? For example: pick confirmed inventory in GI-ZONE is shown as available inventory in ECC."

Where do you look at? If you check MMBE then you will still see the stock as unrestricted stock. Because it is unrestricted stock, there is no other stock category. If you check the details in MMBE you will see that quantity is assigned to a delivery, but that is it.

In MD04 you will see that the quantity for your delivery is deducted from the available stock. So it is all a question of you availability check. But from a stock category it is available / unrestricted.

"Or if we received inventory into a not pickable in EWM storage bin, it still show this inventory as unrestricted use in ECC. Is there any way to

block this inventory, so it wouldn't be visible for customer to place an order?? "

Why would you not want to sell this quantity? If a bin is not accessible in the warehouse, this should be a temporary situation. This is the same as if you do a transfer of a product from one bin to another, you for sure do not want your quantity be reduced for that time? If a bin is not accessible for a longer time frame and indeed you can not sell the products in it, then you have to trigger a posting change, to blocked stock for example.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erica,

I guess the below might be an helpful for your solution or else I could support you in other alternate process.

You can reserve the stock against sales order so that it wont show you in unrestricted,but there will be an extra step for movement the stock for unrestricted to sales order stock ( I guess 411/412 special stock E)  in ECC/EWM ( Posting Change ).

Please check the settings related below in ECC

1> Item category in Stock type E so that delivery will only allow for sales order stock.

Also check Availability Check Using SAP ECC - Availability Check - SAP Library

Please let me know if you want more explanation on this.

Happy Weekend-Ajit