cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Material Determination (Substitution) and Material Availability

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have and issue with material determination with material availability, I'm using the condition type A001 with the key combination Material Entered, I created the condition record in VB11 for Material A to be replaced for Material B when the first one is out of stock (using the rule 004 Automatic determination). I have stock in Material A and when we create a sales order with Material A the system is replacing for Material B. What's happens? Could somebody help me?

Thanks and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you are an end user (I see no investigation involving configuration).

You can try this:

If you are an end user, it is a lot more efficient if you ask your local IT support for assistance, instead of people in an internet forum - there could be settings, specific to your company, of which SCN members would know nothing about.

On top of that, a dedicated help desk is expected to react faster than forum volunteers, they can provide you with useful training documentation, they can check things, which you cannot troubleshoot on your own and can change settings if needed.

0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks for your answer, but I'm not a end-user, I'm a SD senior consultant and I checked all the configuration:

Condition type, (We're using the standard A001)

Access sequence,

Procedure

Document type assignment

Substitution reasons (We're using the standard 004)

Condition Record.

I'm just asking if somebody had the same issue that me, if I put only the material B as substitute the system automatically changes the material A for the material B even if material A have stock. On the other hand, if I include the material A as the first alternative material the system hangs and does not respond. I checked in SM50 in debugging mode and the system is hanging in and infinite While rutine (see the attachement).

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry about the confusion, from your post it was not clear that you have any access to check customizing.

What I showed in the screenshot works with no issues in my sandbox (which is an almost vanilla setup on EHP4).

If I use the same configuration as yours for 0004 reason (not modified),

Still, getting timeouts with standard settings is definitely not normal.

Back to your original question - I made the exact settings as you and this is what I see as a result:

VB12:

Material 175785 has sufficient stock to cover the requirement. A second item is created with material 175783.

This is when I don't set MRP indicators in VB11 - exactly as in your case.

I placed a break-point at the same spot as you did - in my case, with VB12 I suggested, the flow goes like that:

1. First time the break-point is reached, uvbap is not read, because  ua_uepos eq space and it goes out of that while statement.

2. Second time the break-point is reached - ua_uepos = 10, uvbap is read with key uepos = 10, posnr = 15. Of course, it finds nothing and inserts the line, then reads xvbap, checks the mode of the document item, sets ua_uepos and goes out of the while statement.

If this is exactly the part of the code, which causes the timeout, I wonder if some custom logic influencing xvbap could cause such effect.

There is a very old note, related to a workaround for MRP indicators in VB11 - 549533 - Material not substituted if requirements not reached, but I seriously doubt that it can apply to you, as it is for 40B, which is ancient. I don't have APO, CRM or any exits related to ATP in the sandbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

maybe maximum runtime has been defined to low. Try to increase it by asking your BASIS colleagues (you´ll find the parameter in the screenshot you shared).

Regards,

JM

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If 600 seconds for material determination are not enough in a sandbox/dev system, where you have very limited data, in PRD this will be a lot worse. Even if increasing the parameter value to 1800 for example does the trick, I doubt that the business will accept a solution with such severe performance impact.

This should definitely be checked by a local developer and a BASIS expert.