Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display name instead of email address in Receiver system

pramodrepaka
Participant
0 Kudos

When an order created in SAP PDF document will be created as Order Confirmation and a mail will be sent to Customer along with the Document.

While Customer receives a mail from us he will complete mail address in From column in his Mailer.

Eg:

Sub: Order Confirmation

Body: -----------------------------

------------------------------------------------

My Requirement is How to Display a name for my Email Id instead of Complete Email address.

Requirement:

Sub: Order Confirmation

Body: -----------------------------

------------------------------------------------

(Mail id is prasad.abcd@xyz.com but in his mail it should visible to him as From: prasad abcd)

My question is as it is outlook where the customer views his email, Can we achieve this functionality from SAP side ? If yes how ? If not what are the possible ways to achieve same by other means ?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

If I understand this correctly, you want the Customer to receive only the email-d except the domain name. If that is so, I don't think you can do anything from your side as when an email is send through SMTP the domain name is required, so you can't just hide/commit the domain. Also how your email id ( xyzbhy@abc.com ) is visible at your customer end is totally configurable at the mail client he/she is using ( eg. Outlook ), so you probably won't have any hand on that.

Regards,

Sampat

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We receive emails from the SAP system and they are displayed in Outlook (since 2010) like you describe, with the name instead of the email address. The emails are generated by a batch user that has full name in the user profile. We have not done anything special to achieve this and are using a standard output program. Our system is ECC 6.0 NW 7.01.

Actually I was convinced this is driven solely by the email client, but quick search in Google finds some conflicting information on this. It might as well be a combination of factors.

By the way, Google also finds a lot of posts from the people who prefer it the other way around, with the email. So take a cue from SAP and present this as "feature".

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

In my client receiver sender data looks like 'User name', internally some: 'utf-8?Q?User name?=<user@server.domain>', when created from a user in SAP. compare to well know twitter notification: 'Someone (via Twitter)" <notify@twitter.com>' for example

You can also manage this at lower level with a method like cl_cam_address_bcs=>create_direct_address.

result = cl_cam_address_bcs=>create_direct_address(

i_address    = 'user@server.domain'

i_addr_type  = 'INT'

i_visname    = 'User name'

i_incl_sapuser = sy-uname ).

But insure that your server will accept the syntax, and that recipient server wont consider it as a SPAM.

Regards,

Raymond