cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAM for Netweaver 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to find the Product Availability Matrix for Netweaver 7.4. In particular, we are interested in which MS Office versions SAP supports. We have found the following:

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/support/pam/pam.html?smpsrv=https%3a%2f%2fwebsmp2...

But this page does not seem to give any information on this topic.

We have a great ppt of the BO PAM:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

We would like the corresponding ppt for BW 7.40.

Can anyone help with that?

Kind regards Nete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP PAM is mainly for its SAP products  though they have separate section for other supported environments, they have different tab  like " JSE Platforms"  " Web Browser Platforms"  "Web Servers" etc, specific section for MS products are missing.

But for MS office products, we can refer SAP OSS notes, I am sure they have upto date information.

The below note has details for each MS office version. Based on this note, I am sure SAP Supports all its listed MS office products.

1466118 - Hardware & Software requirements for Analysis, edition for MS Office

1672817 - Browser: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Support Policy Note

regards

Swami

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

Your link is for all PAMs. It is on this page i found the PAM for netweaver 7.4 according to the first link provided in my question. But I cant find any information regarding MS Office in this PAM.

KR Nete

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nete,

Not sure about availability in PAM but please check below SAP Note which shows that MS Word 2016 is supported by SAP NW from 700 to 750.

2237407 - Use of MS Word 2016 as SAPscript editor

This also shows that MS Office 2016 is being supported by SAP.

Thanks,

Manish

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nete,

About MS Office support in NW 7.4, what exactly are you looking for?

The MS Office is installed in a frontend computer, not in the server.

Maybe you are looking for information about SAPGUI 7.4 and MS Office supported versions?

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris

I got the ppt you send already. It is on the front page of the first link provided in my question. Unfortunately, I can't find any information regarding MS Office here.

The reason for my question is that we have a customer testing some data extraction in our BW portal in the morning, then upgrading from MS Office 2010 to 2016 and afterwards he can not perform the data extraction. The only thing changed is the MS Office upgrade.

KR Nete

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nete,

Can you share more details about the process?

Maybe I can find something - but I need more information about the case.

Kind regards,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nete,

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

1995532 - BI 7.x tools in 740 - HW\SW requirements

1995537 - BW 7.X Precalculation in 740 - General Info. & Limitations

Kind regards,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nete,

The PAM for Netweaver 7.4 can be found here.

I hope this helps,

Cris