cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP on my laptop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me with some instructions as to how i can install SAP on my laptop and run Variant Configuration modeling without being connected to an external server?

Can I know what are he requirements needed to do this? I have SAP GUI740 installed on my laptop but I am connected to an external server...i want to create a connection/server which is just my laptop independent of any external servers. I want to use this for testing purposes, and then probably migrate everything to the external server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

You can install a virtual server on your laptop and install SAP on your virtual server.

You should check PAM of the product you want to install.

You should have enough CPU, RAM and disk resources .

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuksel,

Thank you for your reply.

But I have a silly question here, I would have to migrate the data (material masters) required from an already existing external server into this virtual server correct ? Any instructions on how I could do that?

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

You can install an ERP IDES system that has example ERP data in it. IDEs system requires disk space like 300 GB or more.

If you want to see example ABAP programs you can also use Flight Data Application for test puposes.

Here are some links;

Flight Data Application - Demo Example for Integration Technologies - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Testing the Flight Data Application - Flight Data Application – Demo Example for Integration Technol...

Flight Model -  ABAP Dictionary - SAP Library

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Examples+and+demos+by+SAP

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Answers (0)