Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid content-type.; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error - Proxy channel

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

I am getting the following error " invalid content-type.; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error".

My Scenario is REST to proxy Sync with soap xi channel.

9/1/2016 01:55:16.278 PMErrorTransmitting the message using connection REST_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

This error I am getting only when I have huge payload around 6 mb. In normal cases my scenario work. This is synchronous scenario, when it is sending to SAP then it is failing at soap xi channel, in SAP payload is transmitted and it is available in Log Version.

How to resolve this error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting an HTTP error code 500 then you want to check the SAP system in ST22 and other places for clues as to what error is happening.  We observe this error in PI on occasions where there is a short dump or a timeout and then we have to investigate.  With more information from the back end SAP system you can identify what options you might have to address the problem.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont hv any strace in st22.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would also want to check transaction SXMB_MONI in the back end system and possibly STAD if it seems to be running long (possible timeout problem).

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in message monitoring further links and click on log viewer for more information about error

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

No error in Moni also, it is showing log version.