cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Additional Operation Mappings in REST Receiver Even Work?

Former Member

This links gives us the following option:

Mapping Source Values to Operation

If you have selected a source that provides a dynamic value (everything but Manual Value), you can specify the value associated with an operation by entering an Expression.

The REST Operation tab provides an entry field for each operation. If more than one value of the defined source is associated with an operation, you can define additional mappings in the Additional Operation Mapping Rules table by adding rows and entering GET, POST, PUT, or DELETE in the Operation column and the respective value in the Expression column.

See: Configuring the Receiver REST Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

So I have configured this accordingly in the receiver REST channel. See below:

However we are getting this error:

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection IDoc_AAE_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rest.ejb.receiver.HTTPOperationNotSetException: No HTTP operation specified. Please check your settings or rules

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hello, how did you solve it I have the same problem and I can't find solutions

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Does the field operation exists in output message? It would help to diagnose the problem if you provide the output payload as well.

Also, are you getting this error in all operations or just PUT and DELETE? What is the expression you are using to identify Operation in additional operation mapping?

Regards,

Sanjeev.