cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USMM jobs/background jobs Failed. (Error 22 for read/write to a file)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are facing background jobs issue.

Its our SAP PI system running on Windows Server 2008.

During USMM run System measurement background job unable to start because its unable to create its logs under directories.

We have checked SAP suggested notes 2311946, 1510259. Both notes not applicable for Win server 2008, we don't have R2.

See screenshots below:

Waiting for kind response.

Best Regards,

Qazi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition can follow,

Error 22 for write/read access to a file - in s... | SCN

So, would request you to also check for the permissions in DVEBMGS<instance no> folder

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Qazi,

I believe as shown in error you may try clearing in Temse, can use t-code SP12.

Is it possible for you to restart the entire SAP system on a downtime/weekend & then re-run the System Measurement job at that time. I guess no users will be logged-in at that time & also with system temp memory cleared for the restart, I think it would easily execute the job at that time. Generally the job takes a bit time as it calculates & Hence it shows Job NOT YET STARTED. Anyways restarting the SAP system will also ensure that no jobs are running to collect report for your BI system, so here before doing any thing need to check in SM21 also for already running jobs. You can also check out in SE38, the following programs before you run the USMM job:- RSBTCDEL2, RSBTCDEL, BTCTRNS1, BTCTRNS2. In addition also can delete old spool req through SE38-> RSPO0041.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM 21 is also attached.

Qazi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check whether the user executing USMM has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profile authorization? I faced almost the same issue and I solved it after assigning SAP_NEW, even though I already had SAP_ALL.

Regards,

Ganesan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamil

1. Could you check the Temse database using the transaction code SPAD.

2. Are you getting any dumps in ST22 " SPOOL_INTERNAL_ERROR" I think while creating the spool it is getting the error message ""TemSe input/output to imopened file "

3. Refer the SAP Note with error message "TemSe input/output to imopened file "

21661 - TemSe input/output to file that is not open

BR

SS

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Qazi,

Please follow the instruction of these notes.

Note 1625363 - Job RSUVM007 cancelled with database error

Note 441940 - System measurement: Measuremnt application ... still running

Regards,