cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What needs to be configured for Ad Hoc EWA reports?

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are using Solution Manager 7.1 SP14 and have an odd problem. I've managed to configure EWA for our production systems and the data (EWA Report for Solutions) is being periodically sent to SAP. However if we look the very same EWA report in our Solution Manager system it appears empty. As if only the template for the EWA Report is being generated. We've contacted SAP Support and they have said that they receive everything along with the data that is supposed to be in the report. Another curious thing is that if we want to manually create and EWA report for only one system in the Solution then we can't see the second option on the screen.

I know there should be a second option "SAP Early Watch Alert" but for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in the configuration phase. All the systems included in the solution have green lights up in "Managed System Configuration". SDCCN has been activated and the EWA task has been scheduled in the Managed System. Does it look like something that needs to be configured on the managed system or is it something that I have overlooked in the Solution Manager.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rauno,

I think your problem is related to product--solution assignment. When you assign your systems (products) to a Solution you will see the systems on the screen you attached.

You should assign your systems to a Solution (default SAP Solution) using SMSY Tx.

Did you assign them?

You can see the Solutions on SM Administration workcenter, Solutions link.

You can see your old EWA reports using DSA tx.

Can you check them running the Tx?

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yuksel,

Thanks you for answering!

1. Did I assign my systems to a Solution?

1.A: Yes. I created logical components for our production system. Then created a solution. Then I added the logical components to the solution and used the "Put in the Solution" option where needed.

1.B: Do I have to add the logical components to the default "SAP Solution" to get the functionality to create manual "Early Watch Alert"?

2. Can I see the EWA reports in DSA?

2.A I can only see the EWA Report for Solutions here. There are regular EWA reports for other solutions defined in the Solution Manager but since those were configured before I got my position, I don't know exactly what was done to get them working. Also when I go to the Solutions section in the SAP Solution Manager Administration workcenter and when I select the default solution I can see services maintained for 3 systems:

But for the new solution I see this:

Is there another configuration step for this configuration. Is it necessary at all?

Best Regards,

Rauno

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rauno,

You must assign the Logical component of the system to a solution (no need to assign to default) in order to get an EWA report for that system.

You can assign a logical component to more than one solution.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned before I've done this already. Is there anything else I should be looking for when checking the EWA configuration.

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rauno,

Can you send the screenshot of your solution and assigned logical components?

What can you see in SOLMAN_EWA_ADMIN Tx?

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

This is how I have assigned logical components to the solution:

And this is how I have configured the alerts:

Edit:

There was another thing that made me wonder. The EWA task that is running on the managed system - should the destination RFC be our Solution Management BACK connection or the SDCC_OSS?

Best Regards,

Rauno

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rauno,

I think you have already gone through SOLMAN_SETUP -- Early Watch Alert Management and Activate EWA for your solution.

Can you go through the steps of Early Watch Alert Management again for your solution?

Managed System Setup, Assign Logical Comp to Solution and Activate EWA must be enough for the configuration.

Check SDCCN logs also.

Here is alink you may have seen.

Requirements for generating the EWA report - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR