cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Roles for Solution Manager's user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I add role for solution manager's user for configuration etc : SAP_SMWORK_BASIC_DIAG, SAP_SMWORK_BASIC_DVM show error "role SAP_SMWORK_BASIC_DIAG does not exist"

How to fixed this problem? Because I want to change maintenance mode to off. I already add role "SAP_SMWORK_DIAG" but I not found for change maintenance mode. This version solution manager is 7.2 on Hana only abap stack.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bobby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bobby,

You have to have Solution Manager JAVA stack installed.

Diagnosis agent application runs on JAVA Stack.

More information is as below

REF :

What is AS JAVA still used for?

AS JAVA is still used by SolMan 7.2 for diagnostics agent connectivity and root cause analysis. In theory and probably also practice you could leave it out of the CHARM Solution Manager landscape if you've got two Solution Manager landscapes, one for Technical Monitoring and one for ITSM and CHARM which is not uncommon for large customers.

AS JAVA could also serve the purpose of local SLD for SAP Solution Manager although in general many administrators seem to prefer a central SLD nowadays with a higher Netweaver stack version and seperated maintenance cycles.

Sometimes AS JAVA of SAP Solution Manager is used for Adobe Document Services (ADS) to serve the ERP landscape. I've seen this mostly at smaller customers who do not create a seperate AS JAVA instance for that purpose.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

So, If I want to configure solution manager 7.2 on HANA, means I have to install solution manager 7.2 java stack?

Thank you.

Regards,

Bobby

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes please install Java stack on same server but different SID and instance numbers.

-Yogesh