cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hI, about va21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any body tell me the business purpose of uploading the quotation order, why we r uploading, furthur when it will be useful.I am in technical side , but i want to know the reqirment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

a quotation is a reference document given to the customer from the company saying on these terms the order would be executed. A quotation is a legally binding document and it has a validity period in the agreement holds good for doing a sales order say with some spl disc or offer.

To handle such situations we have quotation as a reference doc. And uploading would therefore be necessary to find this special disc or offer.

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

its very simple. assume that u r into the bussiness and am one of ur customer. u will have ur competetors i need not but the goods always from u as sometimes ur competetor may be much cheaper to u or even u may be selling the goods much cheaper to ur competitors. Now say i have to buy products X and Y so i will ask u for the Quotation and also i may collect the Quotations from other vendors too.

there fore ur quotation contains the rates of the products X and Y and the quotations validity which is assumed that even if the rates of the produts X and Y goes high, u need to supply the goods to the rate which u have quoted in ur quotation.

By this the company will also have a trace on how many quotations have been converted into sales order for analysis.

please feel free to ask any doubts regarding.

cheers,

anil.