cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splash screen/Video for SAP HCP Portal site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement of displaying a splash screen/Video for 30 sec before the user can start using the portal. What is the best approach for this.

My idea is to create a full screen app with a dialog containing custom HTML to play the video file for 30 sec and then navigate to another app. Ideally I have to always set the dialog app as my home screen app that loads up initially when a user logs into portal.

Another idea is to create a shell plugin and embed an html video into the body of the HTML.Destroy the html when the video is finished or user clicks on skip.

I couldn't find any official documentation on the same

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

There's no official splash screen capability in the portal, however the way to approach it is indeed with a shell plugin. You can use the plugin to invoke a sap.m.Dialog with your content inside.

Don't forget to disable the "Esc" button, or users will be able to close your dialog with the keyboard

Guy Roth

SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Portal Service

If you find this answer useful or correct, please mark it accordingly for the benefit of other members.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guy,

I was checking the sap.ushell.Container.getRenderer("fiori2") But I could not find a function to add content into the portal.

Can you point me on which API to use for adding the dialog to the portal?

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You don't need to use any portal APIs.

The shell plugin loads automatically right after the shell is loaded (even before the first page is rendered). Simply create and open a new sap.m.Dialog in your component's init method.

Guy Roth

SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Portal Service

If you find this answer useful or correct, please mark it accordingly for the benefit of other members.

Answers (0)