cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipe development - nutritional calculation gone wrong - 2+2= 8

espenl
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm feeling quite stupid, but my calculations are all wrong.

In short, i'm getting twice the amount of what is correct. I can see what is going wrong, and hopefully you can help me.

My recipe consists of two ingredients (specifications) (simplfied for the sake of the example)

RecipeA

Meat 1 80%, fat content 23%

Water 20%

Recipe b

Some other meat 2 80%, fat content 23%

Water 20%

Recipe C

Specification Recipe A

Specification Recipe B

In my result list of ingredients and fat content of Recipe C i see this listing

Recipe A 18% fat 50% of recipe

Recipe B 18% fat 50% of recipe

Meat 1, 23% fat, 40% of recipe

Some other meat 23% fat, 40% of recipe

Water 20% of recipe

The total sum of my recipe turns out to be 200% per 100 gram, and all my nutrients are twice of what they should be. I understand it is from using both the nutritional content of the specification and the sub items, but i'm not at all sure what is the correct way of avoiding it.

Solution has start config from the SAP standard delivery. Tried with both act_ingr and ingredient as component types.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Espen

I did not "100%" get your story.

Let us start as: You have Recipe C. Recipe C contain Recipe A by 50% and Recipe B as well by 50% (if I understood correctly your explanation)

Recipe C should contain this:

Coming from Recipe A:

50% Recipe A * 80% Meat 1 = 40 % Meat 1

50% recipe A * 23 % Fat = 11,5 % Fat

50 % Recipe A * 20% Water = 10 % Water

Coming from recipe B

50 % Recipe B *80% Meat 2 = 40% Meat 2

50% Recipe B * 23 % Fat = 11,5% Fat

50 % Recipe A * 20% Water = 10 % Water

Combining that:

we have 40% Meat 1, 40% meat 2, 23% Fat and 20% Water

a.) for "Recipe" calculations as you are doing it: you can not  (in my opinion) "sum" to 100%; e.g.

So for Recipe A you could write down:  123% total (but this is "nonsense". You look always on the (e.g.) "100 g" and checks how many "meat" can you find, "Fat can you find" and "water can you find

Does this help?

C.B:

espenl
Explorer
0 Kudos

You did indeed understand my issue correctly, and I wish the calculation worked the way you are describing..

In the calculation tab of the recipe, i get a sum of 200% ingredients for 100gram of product. 

It looks like the calculation on the recipe (PLMWUI recipe) calculates both the content of children (each line of recipe a and B) as well as the result transferred to the specification of A and B.

Is there some explosion stop i need? I need to transfer the output of recipe A and B to their respective specifications for later use in datasheets etc.

Br,

Espen

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
espenl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Indeed.

There is something basic i've done wrong. But I have no idea..

espen

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Espen

do you use a "SAP standard calculation routine" (and if so which one) or an "own developped" routine?

C.B.

PS: I am referring to: Adapting the Standard System - Recipe Development (PLM-WUI-RCP) - SAP Library

espenl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Absolutely standard. Seems to do everything we need for now.

Customizing is standard, followed the steps in the RDS for Recipe. I didn't do anything manually in this area, so guess it was copied from client 000.

I'm guessing there is a setting somewhere to indicate whether get sub items from the specification of the line or reading all the way down - and I've managed to say yes please to both..

Espen

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Espen

Recipe Management is not my "modul". I found this thread Recipe Management - Composition of an Output Su... | SCN

But this does not really help in your case. I hope that somebody else will help you

C.B.

PS: only as info.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deear Espen

and which calculation are you using?

Ingredients
Composition

Nutrients

Diets

??

C.B.

PS: based on online help: can you provide input on:

"defined in Customizing based on the data that you entered in the Input and Output view under Formula:"

What did you enter in "formula"?