Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Number Ranges

former_member241303
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What does Managing Number Ranges mean in SAP Contact Center?

Do we have to define here the extensions of our company (Call Center) ? or Queues?

I read the Help SAP http://help.sap.com/saphelp_contact-center70/helpdata/en/f4/6207ce191240f3aba3a7b79cdb85ac/content.h...

But, can someone explain me some example.

What case do we have to use PSTN ranges, Internal ranges, and Subranges?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically, the number ranges is a tool to help administrators manage numbering more efficiently.

You already found the app.help / Managing Number Ranges, but also in the "SAP Contact Center Introductory Training Part 1"  document, p. 17, there is a simplified example illustrating the usage of number ranges.

The PSTN ranges typically contain the numbers that can be dialled to externally, over PSTN / SIP / what-have-you. The internal numbers are typically directly reachable only from the SAP Contact Center clients or applications.

As an example, the number ranges can be utlized e.g. when there is a group of people who should be able to create new users with new extensions/numbers, but are only allowed to use certain space of predefined numbers (subrange agents), and are not allowed to define queues or IVR's.

BR
-Lasse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Please read this below :

What does Managing Number Ranges mean in SAP Contact Center?

Do we have to define here the extensions of our company (Call Center) ? or Queues?

AR : You are assigning number ranges for IVR, Agents, Queues etc.. before you actually create them.

When you create user or queue you need to mention this numbers which falls in this ranges so you can user them.

Yes, we need to define extension for Agent.. IVR and Queues.

You use this procedure to define number ranges in the system and to view the number situation (for example to check which phone extension numbers are free). The following ranges are displayed on the user interface:

PSTN ranges

These ranges are phone extension address ranges from the public switched telephone network that are allocated for the system.

They cannot be modified in SC. However, there can be several PSTN ranges defined in the system.

AR : Meaning, these are actual PSTN number which are linked to your desk phone or Hard phone. For e.g. you might have one extension number which is assigned to you... There are several "Actual" PSTN number your Cisco person configures in your system , this cannot be done in SC.

Internal ranges

These ranges are additional ranges to the system PSTN ranges and cannot be within the PSTN ranges.

AR: You can skip this part as well..

Subranges

These ranges define the ranges from which certain types of phone extensions must allocate their address value

AR: As explained earlier, this where you select from the dropdown list whether the ranges will be for Agent, Custom IVR, Built in IVR or Queues.. etc..

I hope it clarifies.. IF not, please let me know..

Thanks

AR

former_member241303
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers,

Can we use the following customizing:

For example:

Our phone extension address are:

9000 to 9090.

Our phone numbers (These phone numbers are using for our customer for contact us) are:

4441000 / 4441020 / 4441030 / 4441040

and

4447010 / 4447020 / 4447090

At the PSTN ranges, Do we have to do the following definitions?

1 range: 9000 – 9090 (Agents)

2 range: 4441000 – 4441090

3 range: 4447010 – 4447090

And we have 10 Queues, Can we define the number range queues in the Internal ranges?

1000 – 1090 (For Queues).

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this can be done  easily.

Before you start the number ranges in system configurator(SC) you need to set the number range is Infrastructure administrator,  in your case you have to maintain the range has 1-9999999.

Once you maintain this in infrastructure administrator this will be reflected in SC and you can maintain number ranges for queues and agents in SC.

Kindly do the above and let me know the results and feel free to reach out to me if you need more info.

Thanks

AR