cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS elements dates are not taken into account during cost planning in CJ40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have noticed that WBS elements dates are not taken into account during cost planning via CJ40

Scenario in details:

I have created new WBS element with basic start date 01.01.2017 and basic finish date 31.05.2017

Now when I’m planning primary costs via CJ40 for mentioned wbs element, system allows me to plan costs for months when  wbs is not valid. Furthermore if I directly define value in ‘Total plan costs’ field, system divides this value by 12 months – although my wbs is valid only for 5 months.

Do you know why system allows on this, why there is no at least warring message?

Many thanks for your responses,

Grzegorz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz

If you have Network and Activities in scope, then use network based cost planning. As activities will be scheduled according to project timelines, you can plan costs accordingly.

Otherwise CJ40 does not link with project schedule.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is what I was assuming but wanted to get confirmation from you. Many thanks.

Do you know what user exit I should use to fulfill my requirements?

Many thanks in advance,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no user exit available.Please check with your ABAP Consultant for enhancements.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal

ritzm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mr.Senthil mentioned, system will not give any message.

And there is no link between planning dates and cost planning time span. The years that the system shows in CJ40 is due to configuration in planning profile.

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost Planning and Scheduling[Time] should not be linked.Cost Planning which you do in CJ40 is advance planning of cost for executing the work that you have planned.Doesn't mean that you will only start those activity as per the basic start date or end that activity in the basic finish date.Standard SAP doesn't provide warning message for this scenario.

Regards,

Senthil Venugopal