cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: target model(s) has(have) no associated generated model

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am working on my logical model and whenever I try to create a physical model out of it, it comes back with a warning:

The following target model(s) has(have) no associated generated model:
  <name of the other model>
Do you want to continue?

Currently this is not preventing me in anyway, but it is more of annoyance as this question is asked every time i tried to physicalize my model.

How do i know looking at my current working model, where or which entity has reference to this <other model> and how do i severe the link?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can open your LDM. Go to Model->Target Models.

Delete the name.

When you generate a new PDM, you will get a new target model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phillip

Thanks for your response. The problem is not with the target model of the LDM I am working. Here is my scenario:

Lets say  I am working on LDM - A. When I physicalize, Power Designer created PDM-A.  I have no intention to remove PDM-A. I always create physical model with a "Preserve" option.

But recently because of some changes I have done to LDM-A,  it appears LDM-A has somewhere some reference to objects belonging to LDM-B.

so now when i try to physicalize LDM-A, not only Power Designer is looking for PDM-A, is is also looking to open PDM-B.  Since PDM-B doesn't exist,   it complains and hence the above warning.

I need to find out which objects in LDM-A is causing that warning to show up.

thank you

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Open your LDM using notepad. Search for keyword TargetModel.

If you see the model name you no longer needed, go to Powerdesigner client, remove them.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might get this kind of message when attributes in LDM-A refer to Domains in LDM-B. If you generated a PDM from LDM-B, PD generated domains in PDM-B, which you might have customised. You get the 'target model' message when you generate a PDM from LDM-A because PD wants to know whether to generate domains from LDM-A into PDM-B or use the domains a PDM you generated from it. The same logic applies if LDM-A contains any kind of shortcut from LDM-B, perhaps an entity shortcut, or even a replica.

If you're sure you don't need the shortcuts, here's what to do

Go to the Model menu and open a list of shortcuts - you can delete individual shortcuts (beware, they might be shortcuts to something within your LDM, if you're using packages).

Also check the list of Replications on the Model menu.

Alternatively, open a list of Target Models from the Model menu, and delete the one(s) you don't want - this will remove all related shortcuts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I could locate the reference to LDM-B and was able to delete it from my working LDM. it doesn't warn me any more .

Regards

Answers (0)