Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with .lums corruption. Prepare room information is not available

SteveGouveia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Earlier today, my main .lums file, where all my regular reporting is, stopped working due to a corruption. Prepare Room information is not avaialble!

Who can help me with this? Did this happen to any of you? How did you solve it?

Can we debut the .lums file to correct this situation? It's really fundamental to recover, there are plenty of calculation in it that I cannot replicate.

thank you very much

regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Are all the other Lumira documents working fine ? Can you try to move the .lums files from My Documents and reinstall Lumira before moving it back and opening it again.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

SteveGouveia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

I did that already, and upgraded to 1.31 - all other files work, except the one mentioned.

best

steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A possible suggestion - Consider following the steps in this SAP Note: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2300111/E

Resolution

Note: The following steps will reset Lumira Desktop settings including license key, recent data sources, logs, etc. Existing Lumira documents are not affected.

1. Close Lumira Desktop
  2. Take a backup of the content in these folders: on the machine where Lumira Desktop is installed
    • %TEMP%\sapvi\
    • %HOMEPATH%\.sapvi\
    • C:\Users\Public\sapvi\
  3. Delete everything from the folders listed above
  4. Restart Lumira Desktop

Update  - this is a suggestion/idea only - I've never had to do this.

SteveGouveia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

I could only find the \sapvi folder in my users\public location. The moment I deleted it, it asked my license. I put back the hilo file, and the message is the same.

What should I do more? I cannot lose this file… it has too many hours of work (not documented).

Thank you very much

Best

Steve

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve - I am going to see if others reply; I have not had to do this myself.