cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use BOM (Sales) alternative item in SO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I would like your advice regarding alternative item in sales BOM.

My requirement is that when creating SO for sales BOM, it will automatically explode the BOM. Anyway, we also would like the components of BOM to have alternative in case there is not enough stock for that component.

For example:

BOM : BOM-A

Component: COMP-A

Component: COMP-B1 (alternative item grp 01, strategy 2, priority 1)

Component: COMP-B2 (alternative item grp 01, strategy 2, priority 2)

So when I create SO for BOM-A, i would expect to see items as below (just input only BOM-A line and enter)

Item 1: BOM-A

Item 2: COMP-A

Item 3: COMP-B1

Or in case COMP-B1 has no stock

Item 3: COMP-B2

But what I see in system now, is like below:

Item 3: COMP-B1

Item 4: COMP-B2

So Is it possible to use BOM (Sales) alternative item in SO?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChetnaK1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tepsarit,

Yes, it is possible to use alternative BOM items in sales orders. The mode of selection of BOM components can either be made automatic or manual with the setting in the item category. If you switch off the manual alternative selection function for a particular item category, the bill of material alternative is selected automatically and exploded in the sales order.

Please refer the below thread for details-

https://scn.sap.com/thread/424205

Best regards,

Chetna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

First of all, thanks a lot for your advice. I checked the SO item category configuration. I think the setting you referred to is for Alternative BOM but what I meant is alternative item in BOM.

As of now, I still cannot find the solution.

Thanks again!

ChetnaK1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tepsarit,

Apologies! Yes, the setting is for using alternate BOM. Your requirement of having alternate item in BOM may not be achieved via standard configuration at sales order level. This seems to be possible only during planning run and while creating reservation against orders.

Looks like you would have to achieve this requirement via a custom code; precisely within performs USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP or USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP of include MV45AFZZ.

Best regards,

Chetna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tepsarit,

You want to trigger a Multilevel BOM but instead of an alternative BOM you are actually looking to alternate one child part only, if material is not available for that child part.

So let's say you made a BOM in that your child part is COMP-B1, but if it doesn't have material than you want to replace it with COMP-B2. So in this case the BOM you have created using both BOM-B1 & BOM-B2 will not help you because system will show you both the materials.

So one solution could be that you use material determination for these child parts with a rule if material is not available then replace it with COMP-B2.

Another solution is you do a development where system will check if material is not available than you will replpace it with COMP-B2.

In this case you will have to maintain both the materials in the BOM but have to make a Z table where you will give your preference to the material (COMP-B1) if avaialble then don't read COMP-B2, for this material matching you need a Z table or you can also use Material determination table.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can use alternative BOM in sales order (determined automatically o selected manually depending on your configuration).

However, i´m afraid it´s not posible to combine BOM with product selection (note 412789) as you expect in your example.

Regards,

JM

ChetnaK1
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.