cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SPP Forecast Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SPP Forecasting, stability period is not considered.

I change the forecast strategy in FCST and run the forecast interactively and the save the forecast.

But after the tactical job run the forecast strategy changes, the stability period of 2 months was maintained for the particular strategy.

could someone let me know why the system changes the strategy even though the stability was maintained.

Regards

Aravind.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

After making the changes to the Forecast profile parameters , have you SAVED the profile using " SAVE PROFILE" Button.

Check after removing the "Profile for automatic model selection" , Select SPACE here.

You can use the lock forecast Strategy Checkbox as well. Check the results

Just my thoughts

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,

How are you ?

I didn't try the SAVE PROFILE option, let me try doing it and will trigger the tactical.

I couldn't understand your 2nd point, you mean to say the changes to done in the service profile ?

Coming to the 3rd point if I lock the strategy in FCST, does AMS will not change the strategy again ?

I guess the AMS will change the strategy. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Aravind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

2nd Point- In Model Selection TAB you will assign the AMS profile to each product, make it to SPACE (Blank) and check the results.

3rd Point - it depends upon the service profile and other settings, Check if it works for you.

NOTE- In order to work with Stability Period in Forecasting, in FORECAST SERVICE Profile ACTIVATE the "Auto Model selection with Stability Period check " CHECKBOX

Just my Thoughts

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to check with using the save profile option in FCST, rest of the settings are maintained correctly.

Regards

Aravind.