cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need solution for File transfer in sap pi with condition transfers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

I need solution to the scenario in which i need to pick 3 files with same name but with different extention.

the conditions are

At sender end..

1) Transfer the 1st file if only second file in available at the sender directory.

2) Send the 2nd file if only 3rd file is available.

The checks at the receiver end are..

1) put the second file if 1st file is present.

2) put the 3rd file if 2nd file is present.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wasim,

we had a requiremnt to pick the .dat file only if .trg was there in the source ditectory for that I have created two ICO's

1 st ICO to check the existence of the trigger file and if trigger file exists it will start the actual channel

sender channel with *.trg and reciver HTTP channel which exteranally starts the actual sender channel which picks  both .dat and .trg file  .

2nd ICO:

ICO to transfer the files to the external systems and to stop the polling of the file channel in delete mode once the trigger file is transmitted.

Create a sender channel which picks all the files and  two reciver channel one to send files to  the receiving system and another HTTP reciver channel which extranally stops the actual sender channel.

check maintain order at run time.

Controlling a Communication Channel Externally - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

Hope it may ring some bells.

Thanks & Regards,

Akhila

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you dont acutally need 2 ICO here this is quite easy to handle uaing additional file option in sender channel using parameter:

<Filename>.namepart and <Filename>.optional

Specifying Additional Files in the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Md!

1. How can you transfer first file if only second file is available? Where will you get it?

2. The same question.

3. When do you need to send third file?

Please clarify your requirement.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Evgeniy,

In sender system i have three files

a.xml

a.dat

a.txt

1) while sending a.xml i need to check whether a.dat is available on the sender system.

2) similarly while sending a.dat i need to check if a.txt is present in the sender system and also

if a.xml has already been sent to the receiver system i.e whether a.xml is there in the receiver                 directory.

3) while sending a.txt no check is there in the sender side, i just need to check a.dat is available                  at the receiver directory or not.