Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting FIFO in automatic TO posting change doesn't work

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I'm facing an issue when automatic TO for posting change doesn't consider FIFO (picking strategy - F)

I set this automatic TO function to WM Mvt type 321 (QI to UU - usage decision by QM).

But after UD is made and TO is generated, system sorts SU or quant without strategy, i have same GR Date, and when i want to reproduce this issue in development system or QA System, FIFO does work so i can't create the same case. this strategy only works in DEV and QA system. This issue happens in production system.

Is there anybody having the same issue for FIFO picking strategy?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My problem has been solved, i've used BADI LE_WM_LE_QUANT to determine and sort quant to prevent inconsistency.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be that this screen is sorted by quant number? either LTAP-VLQNR or NLQNR

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it has to be sorted by quant number, but in picture which i previously attached, it is shown that SAP doesn't properly sort the quant with correct sequence. But it is just only my guess since this case is intermitent.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even an intermittent case is usually based on some logic and keys and I think you can find the field by which it was sorted in the screenshot by looking into Table LTAP.

Or is that screen now different if you look at it in LT21 transaction?

Where is actually the problem? Is it only in that screen or do you at the end have older quants remaining in inventory while younger got issued?

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

No unfortunately it is still the same, i have to find what keys they sort the item when transfer order posting change is generated.

The problem is after that transfer order, all storage units that are contained in that TO get mixed because the quant is  re-generated by wrong sequence, for example:

First, in GR putaway we have:

SU 1000000001 with quant 101

SU 1000000002 with quant 102

SU 1000000003 with quant 103

for now they are sequential, then we do usage decision which we transfer Q stock to UU stock, in this process SAP transforms old quant to new quant with new stock category but with the same SU. here is what it looks like when sequence gets mixed:

This is when TO posting change takes place,

quant 101 Q to quant 121 UU with SU 1000000001

quant 103 Q to quant 122 UU with SU 1000000003

quant 102 Q to quant 123 UU with SU 1000000002 (This scenario is as same as the picture i attached)

now we have same SU but with different quant, and then when picking takes place, FIFO removal strategy will be like this:

SU 1000000001 with quant 121

SU 1000000003 with quant 122

SU 1000000002 with quant 123

in picking list they are sorted incorrectly, since they have the same GR date and SAP sorts from the oldest quant.

It's not only the screen but SU properties and also quant is changed accordingly, this affects how they sort with FIFO because FIFO looks for the oldest quant first.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets put it that way: all those quants and SUs are from the same receipt which happened on the same day, there is not really a FIFO rule violated. Nothing is really older than the other quants, it is just so that you expect it in sequence of the SU number.

However, there is certainly some sort logic in an internal table that is causing this new sequence.

I could even imagine that it is based on a buffered quant number.

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean by buffered quant number? i expect it in sequence of quant when automatic TO posting change is generated. Is there BADI/user exit that i can use? i'm using putaway strategy C and SAP doesn't allow us to activate user exit while we use putaway strategy C.

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mohammad,

Here are the screenshot in production system for mvt type 309 & 321.

This is posting change transaction for changing stock category not moving the goods to another storage, so the goods is still there and only stock category is changed.

The scenario occurs when automatic TO from usage decision takes place.

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

donnynoya
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no difference of configuration between quality and production. It's like inconsistent i guess.