SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR8M - Invoice Reversal with Budget Consumption again

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While trying to reverse one MIRO Document through T-Code MR8M we faced FICUSTOM169 Error. I have neutralized that Error by applying SAP Note 1930285.

Now while posting reversal of the said document, system is again consuming budget against same Invoice, which should not be the case.

Logically, It should reverse all the budgets consumed while posting the said Invoice, please correct if i am wrong.

Please advise how to fix that issue?

Regards,

Zain Bashir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it CO budget or PSM-FM budget you are speaking of?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it CO budget or PSM-FM budget you are speaking of?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Its PSM - FM Budget as we are not using CO Budget.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's strange then that you speak of double consumption. Can you shows screenshots from FMIOI and FMIFIIT tables for the documents in question (invoice and its reversal)?

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thank you for your immediate response.

Our budget get exhausted therefore we are not able to reverse that invoice. However, below are snaps of Table FMIFIIT and Budget Error for your reference please:

Please advise?

0 Kudos

I have further checked the Invoice document and derivations against that document and witnessed following:

Due to Partial Invoice against PO, system reversed an amount of 105,000/- but it derived data wrongly to dummy Commitment Item and Fund Centre.

The derivation rule which were designed for these kind of scenarios were as follows:

Budgeted:

Asset Class + Asset Super Number = Commitment Item

Cost Centre = Fund Centre

Un-Budgeted:

All Recon GLs of Fixed Assets = Dummy Commitment Item and Funds Centre

Please advise how to fix this mess now and also guide the correct derivation rule which should be created to cover this kind of scenarios in future.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check your derivation rules in FMDERIVE. I guess, this dummy commitment item is defined there in some step. As for the document already posted, you can use FMCB/FMCT transactions for reassignment.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

This conflict in Derivation incurs due to the fact that i am deriving dummy CI and FC in case if these Asset Recon GLs are getting posted instead of Asset Classes.

Could you suggest any derivation which can cover this partial Invoice scenario?

Regards,

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I follow completely how your rules are defined. But, you can put a restriction in this 'dummy' rule, which would look at business transaction; if it's a reversal, it shouldn't be triggered. Best way to deal with it is to set a trance in FMDERIVE, perform your MR8M and in the pop-up screen monitor all the values coming into FMDERIVE structure, picking up the best which would suit you to restrict/refine your rule.

0 Kudos

Yes already done so.

Ok one question for my clarification, if i fix the derivation then as per your advice, if i execute FMCB/FMCT  transactions then will it repost and rectify the impact it made on Invoice document?

Regards,

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you do FMCB, you specify the target FM assignment: the program doesn't go through FMDERIVE. Then, you execute reassignment via FMCT. It is possible that you would need to reconstruct your AVC ledger afterwards with FMAVCREINIT, but not necessarily.

0 Kudos

I tried FMCB by using Reference Document Category 910 and have mentioned FI document number with Item number which needs to be reassigned along with receiver account assignment. But the next screen comes up blank which means no impact

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you switch off the flag 'display errors only'?