cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative Time Interval in Alert Monitor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I wouldn't care to read the long notes I am  directed to for this oft reported issue of Alerts being generated in SDP94 with same alert profile but can't be seen in Alert Monitor. I note in my case I put an absolute time interval for the period in which Alerts I know exist and it works but any value in relative time interval does not work.

Question is what relative time interval should I put for this to work. I tried 3 month and 0 offset it does not work, 4 months and 1 offset it does not work, 4 months and it does not work. NO alert is displayed. I do see that there is alert generated but NOT displayed, Sounds like a god affair!

Straight  question.

If I have macro that runs daily to generate alerts for 3 months (3 buckets) to latest completed month, what should be the relative interval in overall alert profile and what should if any be the offset, given this is August now. There is no rocket science. It just 'generates'  the alerts in the background. I delete and generate them daily on rolling basis.

Iterations: 05.2016 to 07.2016

If A > B 05.2016 AND 06.2016 and 07.2016

Then Update Alert

endif

The Macro Now

The Alerts I expect to see in Alert Monitor

Question: What relative time interval should I use and WHY ?

Thanks

Lok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lok

can you please following other thread explaining your questions.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3654359

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol,

I saw this and other posts on this but none of them have clear answers. It is so easy to confuse me. I could follow Riemann Hypothesis and Collatz conjecture but I can't follow these esoteric labels and its behavior.

Thanks

Lok

Answers (0)