Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting the creation of inbound deliveries from MB31

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am working with a client that uses production orders, and when finished and confirmed in CO11 they start the GR process, which is MB31 and creation of an inbound delivery, this is sent via iDoc to a WMS and the WMS does GR and stock placement. An idoc is sent to SAP and GR are done on the Inbound delivery.

Our problem is that the same production order can be used to generate multiple Inbound deliveries, therefore creating problems both in SAP, and in the WMS. There is a overdelivery function in OPK4 and in the materialmaster, but this does not work until we try to do GR on the inbound delivery. I would like to not be able to create inbounddeliveries for more than the qty confirmed on the production order.

Any ideas of how I can solve this problem?

Regards

Ivar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate this sentence "Our problem is that the same production order can be used to generate multiple Inbound deliveries, therefore creating problems both in SAP"

What is here done in particular to create the inbound deliveries? Isn't it just a new receipt that triggers another inbound delivery? And why should this be wrong?

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

I will try 🙂

The Production order is confirmed With a qty in CO11. Then it is created an inbound delivery in MB31 which trigges an idoc to an external WMS.

Our problem is that there is not any Control of which Production orders that already are processed in MB31, so some times we see that the same Production order is processed in MB31 several times and we end up With errors in WMS, documents that can be placed into WMS since there are no goods, and open inbound deliveries in SAP that never will be confirmed.

regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not really that I would be able to understand , just have a vague imagination.

Can you be more specific with an example.

I mean in MB31 people have to enter a quantity, don't you want this quantity in WM? Where does the quantity physically go?

Do people cancel the receipt and redo the receipt again, or what is exactly the problem?

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

In MB31 the qty is filled from the confirmed qty on the Production order.
So this is the point we would like to trigger a warning or error, or that the qty is set to 0. Now i can create an inbound delivery for the same Production order several times, and every time it picks the same qty from the order in MB31.

Regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry I can't help with this vague information.

If I do a receipt , no matter how often, then I create quantities in SAP. And since these quantities are probably posted to a WM managed storage location you will get an inbound delivery to communicate to your external warehouse system.

So the question is in general pretty easy.

What happens with the created quantities, are they wrong and get cancelled later?

Or are they correct and should have been posted to another location?

Or do you only want to restrict receipts that are higher than your production order quantity?

But why do people receipts if they did not get any physical quantity? In that case it has on first sight absolutely nothing to do with an affected follow on process. Then this is pure PP related stuff and should have been asked in the PP space.

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the repsonse.

When MB31 is done, it is created an inbounddelivery. No GR are done at that moment. An idoc is sent to the external WMS, Stock is placed in the Warehouse and then confirmed in the WMS system. When confirmed in WMS an idoc is returned to SAP and GR are done on the Inbound delivery and qty is created in SAP.

Our problem is that there is no good transaction to see which Production order that are processed in MB31 and which are not, therefore an operator sometimes does the MB31 for the same order twice, and during the second time nothing tells him that it is done before.

The question is already asked in PP and they pointed to LE Group 🙂

Regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand how you can create an inbound delivery with MB31 without posting a quantity.Can you explain that part?

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

The inbound delvery has a qty which is Equal to the confirmed qty in the Production order, but there is not any Stock in SAP before there is done GI for that inbound delivery, which is done by the external WMS.

The Sloc is Connected to a WM in SAP, and that WM is handeld exteranly by an WMS. If i Place the Stock in a different Sloc (which is done for a few Products) the materialdocument is posted as expected since this is not managed by WM, and here the overdelivery check Works fine.

I belive this is controlled under customizing "Logistic execution-Activate Decentralized WMS -Central Processing - "

Ivar

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, now it is much clearer.

In this case I would use EXIT_SAPMM07M_001 from enhancement MBCF0002 to do my checks (existing IBD vs. production order quantity) and restrict posting using an error message.

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

It is an external WMS and in SAP WM.

Regards

Ivar

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

In OPK4 the setting is "X Error when overdelivery is exceeded" and if we maintain the materialmaster settings in "Work scheduling" Tolerance data set to 0. And not ticked for unlimited.

Still we are allowed to create multiple inbound deliveries, but it fails if we try to do GR after the qty is reached.

We would like to have this check when we create the inbound delivery.

Regards

Ivar

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I have an Abap guy looking into it, but I prefer if there is a standard way to stop this 🙂

Regards

Ivar