cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To hide multiple characteristics value dependent on other characteristics value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need your help on this below topic, there were other articles on this topic but they didnt fit to my problem.

I have a requirement to hide multiple Characteristic values (around 50 values) and display just 7 values of Characteristic A when the user chooses a Characteris value "Axle" of Characteristic "B"

For example:

Characteristic B has the value (Axle, Pulley)

Characteristic A has the value (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20)

When the user chooses the characteristic value "Axle" for the characteristic B.

Then when the user chooses the Characteristics A he should only be able to see the characteristic value ( A,K,Q,N,18,20,5). The rest of the chracteristic value should be hidden for the user.

Please advise which code i need to write to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you closed the thread ? don't you ?

without search the forum you posted your issue and when I ask same you closed the thread and now you want a explanation on what you confirmed you know it , don't you think its a wastage of time for Keyur to invest time in taking screen shot and guide you step by step on basic what's available in help.sap.com .

Please avoid this casual attitude of asking basic question before searching the forum.

I am marking moderator () to look here and do the needful.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjay Dhanasekaran,

If you could have google for " SAP how to hide values for a characteristic based upon another characteristic  " you could have got many links. Please use search function , it saves time.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=SAP+how+to+hide+values+for+a+characteristic+based+upon+another+ch...

Please use precondition to hide the values. Read out sap help on dependency type precondition, this page also have example syntax.

Example: Precondition for a Characteristic Value - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh ,

Thanks for the reply, I already gave a read in the above links you have mentioned and the example from the SAP library, The problem i have here is i dont have just 4 or 5 characteristics value to hide  i have around 50+ characteristics value to be hidden and similar to this i have to hide many more characteristic values from different characteristic as per the entry made by the user in other characteristics.

So if i have to write code to hide the characteristic values in each and every characteristic value which has to be hidden then i have write lot of codes and it will take me days to get it done,

what i am looking for is, is there a way to write a simple code to display only these 7 characteristics value ( A,K,Q,N,18,20,5) and hide rest of them without having the need to write the code in each and every characteristics value so that they can be hidden.

Please help

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sanjay Dhanasekaran,

Sanjay for you best solution is use variant table to restrict the characteristics value to enter as well as display.

I am agree with you - Precondition is not reasonable solution.

Step 1. create variant table for dependent (A) and independent characteristics (B),

Step 2. create constrain to restrict the dependent value of the characteristics A

Amusing you have idea how to write the constrain to restrict the characteristics value. Please infer the characteristics (A) for which you want to restrict the value base on combination with B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Keyur,

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amusing you have idea how to write the constrain to restrict the characteristics value. Please infer the characteristics (A) for which you want to restrict the value base on combination with B.

I am sure he have idea on variant table , constraint , constraint net and every thing else , else but to know if a single value controlled a display a list of value a single dependency can take care to hide it too. 

Any way hope it answered the question.

Thanks

Ritesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

I think you also know about this constraint functionality very well. We can do it. I have implemented same for our business.

Here my question to you is, If this functionality is unique then we can make document on same on it and keep open to read for other. Do you think it is required?