cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC characteristics transfer in Sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to be able to use a Sales BOM, for a generic Parent Material and enter all the required characteristics ONCE for the Parent material (which has a collective Class and Config profile) and have them transferred, as required, to the individual Sales BOM child items/sub-assemblies.i.e.

Parent Material - Window Assembly : Characteristics = Height,Width, Colour, Type of Window, Type of Glass, Glass Colour

Sub-Assembly1 - Window Frame : Charcteristics from Parent = Height,Width, Colour, Type of Window

Sub-Assembly2 - Window Glazing : Charcteristics from Parent = Type of Glass, Glass Colour

These sub-assemblies have their own Classes and Config profiles along with their own specific pricing structures.

The aim is to only enter all the required characteristics ONCE for the Parent Item and have them transferred as required to the Sub-Assemblies.

If this can be done, does anyone know how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chris Baker,

I am agree with the Ritesh reply. Here I am just going to add few more input which will give you more clarity.

Below is the SAP Help link which will help to understand the $root and $ parent concept to understand the copy configuration from the Top most material and immediate material of Super BOM.

Object Variables - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Variant Configuration $Root $Parent $Self | SCN

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris Baker,

Yes it can be done , you parent material will have all the characteristic, own + characterstic from lower assemblies.

Lower assemblies have only characteristic applicable for thier own configuration. assign a dependency type procedure with syntax like below, it wil pass value from parent to child. Assign this at all level to all KMAT.'s.

$.SELF.CHARTERSTIC = $PARENT.CHARACTERSTIC;

$.SELF.CHARTERSTIC1 = $PARENT.CHARACTERSTIC1;

$.SELF.CHARTERSTIC2 = $PARENT.CHARACTERSTIC2;

$.SELF.CHARTERSTIC3 = $PARENT.CHARACTERSTIC3;

Check and reply , i am sure it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh