cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.40 Patch 2 RFCGUI_UNEXPECTED_DATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

I have an odd error happening with different users.  When I turn on desktop tracing through the SAP GUI the error doesn't occur on the backend for the user.  Has anyone run across a note which resolves this.  I know we need to update the GUI on the desktops but the runtime error is indicating it's a kernel error.

The back end is abap NW 7.40 SP10 with kernel 7.45 patch 119.  Our Desktops are Windows 7 with SAP GUI 7.40 core patch 2.

Dan Mead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The RFCGUI_UNEXPECTED_DATA error is most likely caused because :

-  The RFC layer receives data from the Diag connection instead of RFC data. (GUI issue)

-  The CPIC connection for the RFC GUI communication for this connection.is already closed but    the RFC layer still receives data for this connection (Client/server backend )

The scenario is explained in Note 827671. The dev_w* trace should help determine where the problem comes from.

Either ways, a solution will come with a Kernel or GUI update. I recommend you update and test both.

Kind regards,

Eric Van de Catsije

0 Kudos

Dear Dan,

Since when do you experience this issue? (after a GUI update, Kernel Update, etc..)

Do you receive a DUMP or an error popup? (Could you please upload the DUMP/the screenshot)

Best regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GUI hasn't been updated in quite some time.  I myself noticed the error's about two weeks ago.  The error's could have been occurring longer.  We have been on this kernel for about three months and it went through extensive functional testing by our Business Unit's.

Runtime error's are being recorded.  Clients have reported issues completing actions at the time and have backed out and went back in and completed their requirements successfully.

I have attached one of the dumps.

Dan Mead

0 Kudos

Dear Dan,

According to the provided DUMP the issue point to a possible Kernel error.

I would recommend to open a SAP incident at component BC-ABA-SC for further investigation.

Best regards,

Marc