cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text for Schedule Line

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am searching for a Solution. We need to give our Sales User the possiblity to add Information Text per Schedule Line.

Idea 1:

Adding a field to VBEP(char, string,....)

Displaying that field in Dynpro 4003 Schedule Line Container

After create/change text will be stored in STXL with an extended Objectname (Schedule Line Number)

Text also has to be loaded at every call of that screen.

Is that possible without modifications?

Idea 2:

Building up a Control for Addional Data B.

After create/change text will be stored in STXL with an extended Objectname (Schedule Line Number)

What do you think which is the best Solution, or if you have better Solutions please provide me them.

BR

Andreas H.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On Idea 1 the short answer is "no". There is no functionality to add any text at the schedule line level. One of the technical reasons is that when availability is redetermined, instead of updating existing lines, all the VBEP lines get deleted and re-created.

Not sure if there is anything in the enhancement packs for this but doubt it.

Idea 2 - I'm not really following... Are you planning to build a table control there to duplicate the schedule line information? Not sure it's very convenient to the users or reliable. As I've mentioned, VBEP entries are subject to being dropped/changed at any time. The user exit to update the item might not even get triggered. I suspect sooner or later you'll run into the issue of mismatch between that information and actual schedule lines.

We had a somewhat similar requirement a while ago. The users wanted to add the reasons why we had to commit to certain date, not to what customer was asking. We searched high and low but couldn't find anything. Ended up creating a separate custom transaction with editable ALV and the users liked the fact that they could update multiple items at once.

Maybe some other UI (Personas?) would be a solution too.

Answers (0)