Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI installation failed with ORA-12545

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have three servers for production environment, two nodes as HA, and the third is a dialog instance, now I am trying to install the fourth one (dialog instance), OS is HPUX 11.31, database is oracle 10.2.0.2

The installation almost finished but stuck in the last step - startup of dialog instance, as I checked, the problem is seems to be the new instance could not connect to the oracle database, I just run R3trans -d as user prdadm, trans.log file as attached contains some information like ORA-12545, could anyone give me some advise how to solve this issue? thanks a lot.

by the way, I can ping successfully from the DI to the database host, network is not a problem, the /etc/hosts contains all IP/Hostname correctly

Fresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check SAP note below

723641 - Composite SAP Note: ORA-12545

Thanks

Yogesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks for all your answers.

The tricky issue finally be solved by adjusting the file permission of /etc/hosts

I don't know who modified this file but to be surprised, the original permission for /etc/hosts is 600, which means user prdadm could not access this file, so that lead to the DI cann't find the right target - ORA-12545

Best regards,

Fresh

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check if the TNS_ADMIN parameter is correctly set for the <SID>adm user and the tnsnames.ora file has the correct information. Typically the tnsnames.ora is located in the /sapmnt/SID/profile/oracle location. If possible do a manual restart of the App server and see if that works. Make sure the /sapmnt file system is mounted correctly on the App server node.

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks a lot for the reply, the TNS_ADMIN env was correctly set, the value is "/sapmnt/PRD/profile/oracle", and the path was correctly mounted on the DI... quite strange...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally ORA-12545 error occurs, if the client is not able to contact the listener on the specified node (incorrect node address, firewall block acess...)

Could you able to do "tnsping PRD" command successfully? Also try to post oracle "alert_PRD.log" error message, if any, during the issue time.

Also try to use IP address in TNSNAMES.ora file for "HOST" entry if you are using hostname there.

Regards,

Ganesan

Message was edited by: K GANESAN

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesan,

Thank you for the reply.

I could not do tnsping because I am on the DI server, even sqlplus could not be used...and I checked alert_PRD.log on the database server, nothing wrong within it...

The problem is that we could not connect from DI to database successfully, R3trans -x returns 0012, with ORA-12545 error...

tnsnames,ora, listener.ora file all looks fine, the the hostname/IP were added into /etc/hosts file for each server correctly...

Best regards,

Fresh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fresh.

1. Are you using the SIDADM user id ? and attach the full log

2. Refer the SAP Note  1800071

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fresh,

Copy tnsnames.ora file from  your database network/admin directory to your local profile/oracle directory.

You can go to admin directory on db using  cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

and in local oracle direcotry using cdpro  and then cd to oracle.

As you mention you have HA environment. Pay attention host in tnsnames.ora file.

Thanks,

Hardeep

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hardeep,

Thank you for the reply. Since we are running on HPUX, /sapmnt was mounted from the database host, so actually there is only one copy of tnsnames.ora file...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fresh,

Check environment variables in app server TNS_ADMIN, SAPDATA_HOME, ORACLE_SID, DB_SID. as well RSEC_SSFS_DATAPATH

As you mentioned you can connect from other app servers, please compare aforementioned env variables.

Thanks,

Hardeep

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check installed Oracle Client on your new Dialog Instance server?

As per the logs provided by you it seems to be issue related to that:

Version of '/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.so' is "721.02", patchlevel (0.600)

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  dbs/ora/stmt_cache_size = 250

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Register application info.

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Oracle client version: 10.2.0.1.0, (dbsl 721 180915, UNICODE[2])

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Detailed Oracle client (patch) info not available.

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Oracle instant client is out-of-date or not delivered by SAP.

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  See SAP note 819829 for more info

Thanks,

Manish

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Thanks for the reply, I think I gave the correct oracle instance client, the message "Oracle instant client is out-of-date or not delivered by SAP" is also occurred in another server which returns "0000" as R3trans result...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check below points

• Check if IP & host name are mentioned in host file
  • Are you able to telnet DB server?
  • Are the parameter related to hacs system maintained correctly in Default profile for the newly installed instance

SAPGLOBALHOST

rdisp/mshost

rdisp/msserv

rdisp/msserv_internal

• Also check any error in oracle alert_<sid>.log file

Regards

Prithviraj

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the tnsnames.ora file as per environment variable TNS_ADMIN on your new dialog instance.

Compare the values of tnsnames.ora (hostname, port etc.) with your already working dialog instance tnsnames.ora file OR/AND and with your HA cluster database node tnsnames.ora

Thanks,

Manish