Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Number field on cProject

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please tell me the steps to make 'Number' field on cProject as 'display' only.

I tried SAP PPM->Project Mangmt.->Set up field control-> And assigned this Z-field control to Project types but still that field id editable.

Could you please tell me if I miss anything?

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

Not sure as you seem to have done the correct settings, but can you please re-check your conditions relating to authorisations on the fields? E.g. whether this is changeable by certain groups (auth.) or whether under any of the conditions this field is still editable. Might be that you as creator or the Project have admin access which fulfils a condition that makes this field editable. Understand what I mean? Differently put - have you checked on other users that they also see the fields as editable?

Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I understand what you mean by admin authorization to the creator of items. But, we have 2 portfolio id's and their respective items. For 1 portfolio items this field is display only for me but for another it's editable.

Other users also can edit this field same as I.

Any thoughts on that?

Best Regards

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

So from what you are saying it definitely seems to be authorisation relevant - i.e. the fact that the field is sometimes display only seems to point to the fact that your config was done correctly. I would suggest that you run a trace on user A (whom can edit this field) vs. user B who cannot. Also perhaps ensure your conditions are all correct. Also, if relevant, change the ACL access of a user whom can edit this field to display only (although sufficient backend access might still provide change access). Best route is to do an authorisation trace in my opinion

Regards
C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I will definitely do an authorization trace on it now.  A small doubt: Is it possible that through configuration I have made this field display only but through authorization it can be editable?

If it's true, it looks weird because centrally (customizing) it was made display for all users but still through secondary level control system is allowing through authorization to make that field editable, I feel system always given preference to controls set centrally (customizing) and then secondary (Basis/Security/Webdynbro/ABAP etc.), Am I right?

BR.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

Yes you are right - my doubt is more around whether some conditions for authorisations may have been overlooked. Since you described that some people can change and others not this was the only logical conclusion I could arrive at. Best is to do the trace as mentioned and take it from there - this should at least eliminate the authorisation angle

Hope it works!

Best Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I think I made you confused here. Its not the user dependent issue which I am explaining. Let me explain it again afresh:

Two portfolio Id's : A and B

A-> 100 PPM items under it

B-> 100 PPM items under it

I and client users can see Project number field on cProject for all items under Portfolio A as display only.

But, for Portfolio B, all items under it have cproject number field editable for us.

1. Should I proceed with authorization trace here?

2. If I have made number field of cproject to display for all item types under portfolio category A and B then how someone can have 'edit' rights to this field if we have made it to display centrally?

I hope I am more clear to you here now.

BR,

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

do you have different Z-field controls in cProjects (project type dependent) for dealing with the different item types? Check the field control for all Z-field controls.

I doubt that the issue deals with ACLs, because if you have 'read' auth, no field is editable.

A very tricky issue are the field control conditions (check if you have Z-conditions and the coding in the respective include, if there are some).

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I did an authorization trace on this field with so many permutations and combinations of users-id's and roles, authorization object but no success.

ACL: we are not using this functionality so far.

However, is there any other way like "screen and transaction variant"  (the way we have in ECC) to control this field's display?

I will create a new thread to discuss on this possibility.

Best regards

Saurabh