Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking PowerDesigner Packages

patrick_scheibe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello @All,

is there any possiblity to lock a package to protect it for further processing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

if you are using PD repository, you can set appropriate permissions on your package in repository and nobody (except the users set in permissions) will be able to modify it.

Without repository it would be a little bit more complicated. For example you could try to modify OnModelSave event handler of the model and check whether the modification dates of objects in your package are older than certain date. Or you can create simple Validate and OnDelete event handlers for all object types which could exist in your package and if they are triggered on object, whose parent is your package, you have to block that action in the handler. I know, these are not very nice solutions, but without repository, there is not any easy and straightforward solution. It also is not unbreakable solution, but it`ll work at least for non-experts in PD customizations.

Regards,

Ondrej

patrick_scheibe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ondrej,

thanks for your detailed answer, great!

That are the same solutions that comes into my mind when i thought about this question. You're right, to create an event on all objects isn't a nice solution but we think too, it's the only one.

Best regards,

Patrick

Answers (0)