cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution documentation authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We would like to know if we can restrict accessing required folders individually ( per user) in solution documentation ? Is it a possibility ? as we want to avoid users to check documents in other folders ( Development team should not able see Functional documents)  which are confidential especially in solar02.

Also, going forward in solman 72, do we have still continue the same restrictions ? as far I know we do not have solar01/solar02 Tcodes

So please suggest ?

As far I am aware, we have limited roles for accessing solar01/02 either read or write or probaby FULL authorizations.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Document Management has different authorization concept apart from Solar01 or Solar02 etc

You can restrict 2 different set of users within solar01/02 using KW authorization concept.

e.g. first you can block the users based upon the tab

if you have users access to the same tab then specific documentation type like blueprint only

check below

S_IWB - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

check the use cases in above link

Yes, Solman 7.2 is different and you have more advanced authorization concept which you can refer below.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

Let me know if you need more details.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the update. Do you think security team can handle user access restrictions for solar01/solar02 for large users around 5000 using solman as a single source of truth ?

Security team wants to have lot of restrictions and not sure whether solution documentation ( solar01/solar02)  have the required authorization concepts ?

Please suggest

Thanks

Sateesh.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

First it can be achieved without any difficulty. I have seen/implemented very different customer Max attention, enterprise support VAR etc and it does work well even for bigger no. of users and more complex processes including variants.

secondly it is more of a customer scenario and consulting that how this can be managed or operational way of security working etc.

Its nothing new I have seen earlier version as well and it does work very well. 

Yes there are restrictions or limitation which are addressed in Solman 7.2 but then again it is possible to do customization  in 7.1 if it really goes that way but happens very rare cases.

hope this helps further

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

always welcome and happy to help again

Answers (0)