Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of BPMON Classical to MAI Setup

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have already gone through the note 2010999 - Migrating solutions from classical BPMon to BPMon on MAI

During this migration of BPMON classical to MAI have to get understand following points

1. Do we need to run the  report "R_AGS_BPM_MIGRATE_SOLU_TO_MAI" for all the active solutions created in the Solution manager or is it For only the Solution under which the BPMON monitoring objects got created ?

2.If we are running this migration program for only the solution for which the BPMON Monitoring objects are created  then after migration weather we can use the other active  solutions for new monitoring objects creation under them ?

3.At the end of the migration we see that to deactivate or delete the old Solution . Which means all the dependent configuration ( for example EWA created on this solutions , Document management etc..)  on the existing solution will also be migrated to the new Solution name ?

Thanks for your time .

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Please check the below SAP note, it has all the points clearly covered.

2010999 - Migrating solutions from classical BPMon to BPMon on MAI

further, this report is only for Migration so you need to only select solution where bpm is ccms based and you need to migrate

FAQ Business Process Monitoring - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Please check the note to proceed with steps.

this should help.

Thanks

Prakhar

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar ,

Thank you for your revert , the links you have share for BPM on MAI available with Solution Manager in 7.1 sp12 helped me to understand few more things .

one of my point still remains unanswered..

Point number 3. We have solutions not only specific to BPMON setup but the same solution is also used for setting up the other configurations . So will this configurations work on the copied solution ?

For example

Solution1 is been setup with BPMON and EWA . As part of this migration we copy the solution to new name i.e solution1new  will this EWA configured on the previous solution will still work on the new one as we deactivate the old solution.

Regards,

Sai

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

As I have mentioned earlier it is required for the migration from CCMS to MAI so you have select only the relevant solution not each of them.

If not clear then specify the exact issue you are facing so that I can assist further.

I hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Prakhar

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Prakhar ,

Thanks for your reply , I agree this is for conversion from CCMS(classical) to MAI . And we have only single solution which contain all the configuration in it BPMON is also part of it .

So During this Migration we copy this solution to a new name and convert it to MAI and delete the old solution . Will this impact other configurations which were running on the old Solution ?

And i haven't initiated the migration , wanted to make sure that all configurations setup should not have any impact after the deletion of solution .

Thank you .

Regards,

Sai

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The SAP note shared does have a complete roadmap with entire list of activities in a sequential way.

Thus, first you need to create a copy of existing solution.Goto Solution Manager administration workcenter then choose your solution and click copy button. Make sure you select the tick while copying as shown.

Therefore, before deleting old solution you can compare all the data is copied or not for your new solution as a safety measure.

then only you proceed with other steps for migration. I assume you are talking about these configuration but if not please specify which is the other configuration.

I hope this clarifies & resolves.

Thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Is this clear now..do you need more information or above is sufficient and clarifies.

Thanks

Prakhar

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Prakhar ,

Sorry for late response , I am not talking about the configurations you specified . But its something line EWA , System Monitoring , Technical Monitoring , Solution documentation dependent on that original solution .

Actually i already tried this approach on the same day.And it worked for me .

1.Export the Solution ” SOL1 “ and import this with the new name i.e “SOL1_New” .

2.Copy the “SOL1_New” with other name “SOL1_New_Copy” and carry out the Migration on the copied Solution .

3.Once the migration is completed deleted the solution “SOL1_New” .

4.And also deactivate all the monitoring objects which are configured on the solution ” SOL1 “ .

And i observed that this program is only touching the BPMON related monitoring objects . So with this approach i have a separate solution for new BPMON on MAI and all other configurations on the original solutions still remain same without any disturbance .

Thank you .

Regards,

Sai

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Good to know that your issue is fixed.

this is what i have tried to mentioned earlier that report is only for BPMon conversion only.

Further, Tech Mon is not solution but system dependent as you assign templates or copy of standard temp etc to system not solution in the setup.

However EWA etc will get copied as i have showed you in another screenshot during solution copy.

Morever don't separate it as you might have a challenge later when upgrade to Solman 7.2 since everything will be merged into one solution unless you are VAR etc.

I hope this helps further.

all the best

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (0)