HOW TO IDENTIFY WHICH SAP  ABAP TABLLES NAMES  SHOULD BE ADDED in SAP HANA

please answer

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I have seen some of the youtube video's. Actually in the Hana design studio some of them   importing the ABAP tables and others with English description tables(like customer id ), while explaining the attribute view, analytical view and calculation view.

what is the specific reason why they are importing abap tables instead of normal description.

as I am new to sap , how to identify the abap tables  , which are need to be imported and also how to know the table corresponds to related data( like for example kna1 for customer id  and mara for material data).

how to find out which tables are joined and what join condition can I apply on this tables.

please help me to answer this questions. many thanks for replying.

gopinath_kolli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The tables that are there in ABAP as you are saying(actually in a comprehensively they are called ECC tables) are already designed by sap. Those tables are used by pre-built model in ABAP(ECC).

Mostly, for HANA, we will use those tables if a company already got some solution running(HANA can not only access SAP ABAP OR ECC tables but also access any other databases depending on connecting that database to HANA). To get information about those existing tables you can dive into those ABAP system and check which tables which are useful for out requirement, you will get complete information in the SAP ABAP system. If there is no access you can play around in this site SAP Tables - ABAP

If you are starting on SAP HANA i suggest you to visit open.sap.com where you can find lots of material.

Hope this info helps.

Happy HANA

Gopinath.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Gopi  for answering all my questions.

Have a good night!

gopinath_kolli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

gopinath_kolli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the tables you need to add to HANA will depend in your requirement.

Can you elaborate your question.