Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Field Status in S/4 HANA 1511

unit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to finalize the design for business partners setup within S/4 HANA 1511.      In ERP setup we used to define and map FSG at different account groups.   For example, we had account group Domestic Customers and Foreign customers.   In domestic customers, VAT number was mandatory and we could control this via FSG at account group level.

Now with Business Partner setup, we need to define FSG (field attributes) at BP role or BP partner type level.  I have to create BP under BP role customer and wish to make VAT number mandatory for domestic customer and keep it optional for foreign customer.   I can maintain FSG either at role level or at partner type level. 

My query.... given the above scenario, do I need to configure a) different roles ( as copy of standard customer role) for Domestic customer vis-a-vis Foreign customer or b) customize different partner types and then control the FSG via partner types. 

Request your advice.

Regards

Jayesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh,

will there ever be a scenario that your foreign customer can become a domestic customer? If so, will they retain the same customer number? If this is the case, you might want to consider the second option (BPTYPE).

Cheers, Rick

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jayesh

A better approach would be to create a new BP Role and assign the same to your customer account groups. This will minimize the data which will be required to be entered by the business users. Of Course, you have the option of using Business Partner Type, however, to my mind, it is a bit of change management.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari