cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Units Different Version or Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We backed up our development HANA database ( 102.05 ) and restored it to our Quality database ( 102.05 ). The restoration was successful. During quality checks, we discovered in the HANA application lifecycle management GUI that the delivery units are either missing or different versions. In other words, the quality DB delivery units do not match the development DB delivery units. Does a full backup include these delivery units ? Is it a separate task ( needing an export ) ?

Thank you in advance...

Cheers,

/gxo13

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found the issue...During a prior upgrade, we did not get an error about the Import Deliveries failing...It was until a recent upgrade to SPS 12 that a warning popped up...

###############################################################################

WARNING: The import of delivery units is skipped due to a failed database restart!

Please perform the import manually when the database is online by running this

command as the e1sadm user:

'/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/install/bin/hdbupdrep'

###############################################################################

Once we ran this script, it loaded the delivery units successfully.

Cheers,

/gxo13

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently performed the similar activity. Ideally, Quality DU's should be same as of DEV DU's including same versions.

i.e After restoration, You will not have any DU's related to your existing quality system.

You will only have New quality DU's same as of DEV DU's

There is no separate task required. Your full backup should suffice the requirement.

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

interesting... i believe the backup should cover imported delivery units?

Interested to know if you able to find out more.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang