cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC EPM Add-In Protect File Password V10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

I have a question for you, because it happened to me and my team and we don't know the way to proceed.

We are a team working in a BPC Project, and for security we protect the files (Excel files) with a password using EPM Add-In like the attached file.

The question is, what we would to do if the password was lost or forgotten?

Does exist some SAP transaction to unlock the File?

Thanks a lot for your soon response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maurokmoreno
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan ,

To solve your issue you can access to the url : https://excel.xartifex.com/ it function with a macro to unlock your document. Do you need download the EPM InputForm or ReportForm in your local pc to later load this in the URL, Once this procedure the document is discharged whitout password protection in your pc and you can conect to your BPC server and overwrite your document.

Have a nice day,

Kind Regards,

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upload the file to some url... I will never recommend it! Better to use JP proposal!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhonnathan,

There is a workaround solution for this......Remove Excel Sheet Password. Simple backend XML edit - YouTube Refer this video and follow the steps......

1.) Change the extension of .xlsx password protected file to .xls(Excel 2003-1997 workbook) by Save as.

2.) Opeb this .xls file....go to File......On the Password Protection file, click on Unprotect. The file will be unprotected.

3.) Now open this file again and save as with different name and .xlsx extension again.

4.) Now open this file with EPM connection. The file will be unprotected.

I have tested this on Excel 2013! Steps 1-3 are performed without EPM connection!

Also there are lot of different macros also to unprotect the passwords depending upon the Excel version! You can try.....

But more important is to take necessary precautions that you DO NOT forget the passwords! Share it with your team, try to use same uniform password for all sheets, save on your email etc. Lot of options!

Hope this helps....

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'm going to follow the steps, and I'm going to test your way.

Again, thank you!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim Kalinin

Thank you so much for your answer.

Please, can you explain me how do I to decompile EPM NET code?

Thank you again!!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use free software ILSpy. But it's a complex job

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPC protection is based on MS Excel protection, but the password is also stored deep inside EPM object embedded in the file. You can decomplile EPM NET code to find this password

"Does exist some SAP transaction to unlock the File?" - absolutely no!