cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report assembly load error client machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using crystal report 13.in vs 2015,development machine working but client machine is not working.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to .NET Forum

Generic error if you are missing the 32 or 64 MSI, or permissions, or dependencies.

Debug your install and program and try searching before posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Don, I am installed 64 bit version,because client machine is 64bit oly.bt its not working

0 Kudos

CR runtime is not for the OS  platform, it's for the application platform. So if you build it using 32 bit ( x86) then distribute the x86 MSI.

If you searched you would have found 100's of posting on this specific configuration.

Also, read the download page notes, they are there for a reason...

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio: Updates & Runtime Downloads

Purpose

The purpose of this document is to provide a quick look-up of all Support Packs, Fixed Issues and Distribution File downloads available for SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio.

Overview

Support Packs for "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" (SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio) are scheduled on a quarterly bases and support the following versions of Visual Studio:

• VS 2010 - original release and higher
  • VS 2012 - SP 7 and higher
  • VS 2013 - SP 9 and higher
  • VS 2015 RC - SP14
  • VS 2015 - SP 15 and higher

NOTE: CR Redist packages for deploying the runtime only onto Work Stations and Application Servers are designed for the platform of your project and not for the Operating system. MSIExec will detect if the OS is 64 bit and install the 64 bit MSI, if your project is to be used in x86 mode there will be an error generated.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont mind please clear me,i am using vs2015 community version i am installed package 17.need to change my version 17 to 15? or just change my deployment project support pack

0 Kudos

You need to do both, update VS with:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_17.exe

And deploy this on your work station PC:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_17.zip

Set your Project to x86:

Rebuild your app and redeploy.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much its working fine,so happy .any how its working but during setup conversion shows 4 warning

WARNING: The 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' item selected requires 'Microsoft.Net.Framework.2.0'. Select the missing prerequisite in the Prerequisites Dialog Box or create a bootstrapper package for the missing prerequisite.

WARNING: The 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' item selected requires 'Microsoft.Data.Access.Components.2.8'. Select the missing prerequisite in the Prerequisites Dialog Box or create a bootstrapper package for the missing prerequisite.

0 Kudos

Those warnings are because CR for VS still has a dependency on 2.0 framework, the other error is because your app is using the MDAC drivers or referenced in the Reference Tab of your project.

Search MSDN for info on resolving that message. Likely in the Project file or app.config file.

VS doesn't always update projects completely.

Don

Answers (0)