cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not running as Administrator. Could not carry out operations

0 Kudos

Hello Guys!

I'm installing the SAP IDM 8.0 SP3 in ASE database, but when I'm trying to create the DISPATCHER I got this error:

"Not running as Administrator. Could not carry out operations"

Ps.: This erros is showing when I tried connect to user mxmc_admin

Ps. I checked the logon into the ASE database and the user has logged with successful. Please anyone to help me?

This is my landscape:

Operating system: RHEL 7.1

Platform: x64

Database: ASE 16 SP2

ALL libs installed both x64 and x86

Thanks.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Are you having this problem when trying to create the dispatcher or when trying to execute the dispatcher.

If it's the former, maybe try running with additional privileges (sudo if you're running directly on linux or run as administrator from Windows) If it's the latter, make sure you're creating the dispatcher with mxmc_rt account.

Hope this helps!

Matt

0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

First, thank by your answer! So, I got this error when I'm creating the dispatcher... So, I checked the permission in IDM's directory and it's ok. can I create, delete, modify etc... and yes, I'm creating the dispatcher with mxmc_rt.

Any ideia?

Thanks.

Daniel

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

you are supposed to connect to database using mxmc_admin in the Dispatcherutil. The runtime user does not have permissions to modify dispatchers in DB.

Only the runtime connection string should be for the mxmc_rt user (which is the user, the dispatchers are connecting to the DB with).

Regards

Norman

0 Kudos

Hello Norman

I configured the dispatcherutil with the user mxmc_admin and I created the connection string with mxmc_rt user... Look my prints:

I'm trying to connect:

I got this error:

So, I'm creating the connection string and the IDM_Dispatcher do not install.

0 Kudos

Good news!!!

I found my problem.. I asked to network team to enable my user in administrator group and now its working fine!

Thansk all!

Daniel

Answers (0)