cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interchangebility Date calculation for Use-up Strategy YES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

can anyone tell me how is the Stock exhaustion date calculated when the Useup strategy is YES or Restricted for 1:N supersession chain.can anyone explain it in practical.

Thanks In Advance.

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to this post for additional information as someone else had a question on INterchangeability

Example: Say you have 2 products - A( Successor) & B ( Predecessor)

A-- Valid from May 20, 2007

I am assuming you know how direction works, otherwise please read the above link

<b>Use up: YES</b>

The stock can be totally used up on product B until the date of May 20, 2007

<b>Use up: RESTRICTED</b>

You have to maintain additional information

Use up Date: May 1, 2007

The stock on product B can be used only until the date of May 1, 2007 and any additional stock on product B will not be considered.

This scenario is a common scenario- Product Examples include Obsolete Products which are taken off the shelf completely.

Let me know If this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ayyagari,

Also I would like to clarify the following.

Useup strategy : YES

Direction : Forward.

Valid from date: current date.

will you let me know what will be the stock exhaustion date , Successor product planning date and the eaxhaustion warning date.

bcoz always the successor product planning date is coming as current date irrespective of the buffer days i mention in the supersession settings.

Thanks in advance.

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I want to calculate the successor product planning date when the use up strategy is YES.

what are the settings required and mainly how is the date calculated exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you are maintaining the settings in a worng way.

The Valid from date is the date from which you want to use the successor product.

This should be a date in the future ( For Example, June 20, 2007)

and now If you use USEUP as YES, until june 20, 2007 the stock will be considered for the predecessor product.

Since you are using the valid from date as current date for the successor product, the stock for the predecessor product will be considered only till the current date

Let me know If this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also when you use USEUP as YES, the stock( ALL the Dates you mentioned) for the old product will be considered until the valid from date.

ONly when you use USEUP as RESTRICTED, and then input a USEUP date, the stock for the old product will be valid until the USEUP date mentioned

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you said is right but what i want to know how exactly are dates(stock exhaustion date, successor product planning date, stock exhaustion warning date) being calculated when the useupstrategy is YES.

if u have any logic behind the calculation of these dates let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through the help.sap.com to understand better

when the use up strategy is YES

Stock Exhaustion Date:

Successor Product Planning Date:

Stock Exhaustion warning date:

All the dates are basically the date which you have mentioned on the VALID FROM DATE

Hope this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

am mainly into testing phase of this supersession.

i can't put the valid from date as future date.

if do so i will not be able to run the planning service manager run.

even if i run it i don't get the dates calculated.

if u have ny ideas in maintaining the settings for the chain please let me know,

so that the successor product planning date comes in future..

Regards,

rajendra.

Answers (0)