cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Characteristics's Value Derived from PO Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i wanna ask whether Batch Characteristic's Value is able to be derived from PO Field while Goods Receipt Process is carried out (Mvt 101 GR from PO). Example : i created a PO which Sales Person = John (SAP Field = EKKO-VERKF) , i aslo create characteristic Sales Person and attached to the class of the material, im looking for the answer whether my characteristic (Sales Person) Value can be derived automatically from Field Sales Person in Purchase Order automatically when i do GR from PO (characteristic is copied in batch tab/classification of material).

Thank you for your attention

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vendy Zulfian,

I guess it will if your material is configurable you can have same characteristic attached to class type 300 & 021, class 300 will fetch the value once PO is created and while creating batch in GR value from 300 will be pass on to batch characteristic. Refer below link for more details on passing on values from classes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/9b4a23a46411d6b28300508b5d5c51/content.htm

Thanks

Ritesh

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The characteristic value will be determined automatically only if the characteristic field is available in the batch master. Since the sales person field is not available in batch master, it wont determine automatically in MIGO - batch classification, in standard as of my knowledge.

If you still want the data to be updated, you may check the feasibility of development. Refer the doc:

Regards,

AKPT