Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the step number of a condition type

former_member623826
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you please let me know how to change the step number of a condition type in a SD pricing procedure?

The "Step number" field is grayed out even in the change mode of the pricing procedure (V/08). if I try to delete the line and add the same condition type again with the desired step number, system throws an error that the condition type is already present.

Please help.

Regards,

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As others noted, you need to save the entries in between. Step number is the key field in the database table, so it cannot be changed. You can only delete an existing entry and then create a new one. But when you delete something on screen, it is not yet physically deleted until you save. So it still exists somewhere in memory and that's why you're getting an error if you try to add another entry immediately.

You'll find the same behavior in other SAP transactions, e.g. SM30.

ash08830
Explorer
0 Kudos

Delete the condition type and save it.  Then enter the condition type with desired step no.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As almost everywhere in customizing - delete the item, press save and then create it again.

I actually use a slightly different approach - i delete the condition type from the line item in V/08, save, then press copy, enter the condition type and then delete the old item without condition type (useful for a big number of items).. I keep an excel file open or V/06 to check the condition type descriptions and codes, because I am too lazy to remember them.