cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of document structure not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

On a newly installed ehp8 sp02 When creating public and private folder I get following error.

Creation of document structure not possible.

Message no. CVEXT003

Kind Regards

Jimmy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I checked the locations of the error message in the SAP system and found the following coding

Include LCV_EXT_EDMS_BROWSERF04

*   create empty structure if new folder
     IF gv_folder = 'Y'.
*     give variables right structure
       gv_dokar = bapi_doc_draw2-documenttype.
       gv_doknr = bapi_doc_draw2-documentnumber.
       gv_doktl = bapi_doc_draw2-documentpart.
       gv_dokvr = bapi_doc_draw2-documentversion.
       CALL FUNCTION 'CSAP_DOC_BOM_CREATE'
         DESTINATION 'NONE'
         EXPORTING
           document                 = gv_doknr
           doc_type                 = gv_dokar
           doc_part                 = gv_doktl
           doc_vers                 = gv_dokvr
           i_stko                   = ls_stko "#EC ENHOK
           change_no                = bapi_doc_draw2-ecnumber
         exceptions
           others                   = 1.
       IF sy-subrc <> 0.
        MESSAGE e003(cvext).
*      Erstellen der Stückliste nicht möglich
       ENDIF.

So it seems that you cannot create the Bill of Document (BOD) header. Such a header could also be created by using transaction CV11 with an existing document. Maybe you can try this transaction as well to see if there is also an error raised.

Further please check if SAP note 2033971 is implemented.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Thanks for your reply. Document structure can be maintained with transaction CV11/CV12. Error occur in ECTR and document browser in PLMWUI, and material BOM in PLMWUI.

We find out this error happens duiring coding FM CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN, CSAP_MAT_BOM_CREATE, CSAP_DOC_BOM_MAINTAIN, CSAP_DOC_BOM_MAINTAIN.

Note 2345687 - Error during creation of BOM through API CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN and 2345866 - Error during creation of BOM through API CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN seems close to the issue but they do not solve this case.

Regards

Jimmy

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

could you please check which error is returned by the function module 'CSAP_DOC_BOM_CREATE' by checking the variables sy-msgid and sy-msgno in the debugger?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

They all goes to the same error - " error converting field."

Regards

Jimmy

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

it would be great to have a error number here. I find that error number might be 29 851 which is raised at a special BOM report. So not sure if this is really the correct error number. Normally also there should be a field mentioned as well. Maybe you can provide a screenshot of this error message longtext.

You should be able to get the location where this error is raised if you place breakpoint for statement "MESSAGE".

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Thanks for you analyzing. 29 851 is the exactly message ID my issue. We used to debug and get error when the program is checking for table STPO_APICN. Then we find the previous two notes but they are not working.

Regards

Jimmy

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

thanks for the information. In this case I think you need to create a SAP support ticket in component LO-MD-BOM so that the colleagues can debug the behavior here.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Anyone have the same error on EHP8? I have two EHP8 systems (both SP02) got this error.

Regards

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the document browser activation in your system.

Rgds,

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem

Actually I'm using ECTR and facing an issue "Error converting field", then go to check document structure function in DMS.

The document browser is already activated and it also get an error creating folder structures.

Regards

Jimmy