cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Cloud Integration Web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Recently, I was trying to import a integration project that I have created in Eclipse to HCI Web UI.

The process integration consists of Externalized Parameters. However, when I import the integration project onto HCI Web UI, I am not able to configure the Process Integration. Below is the screenshot of the error I obtain:

I made sure I saved the Externalized Parameters in Eclipse as shown in the screenshot below.

Kindly advise - is it possible I missed out a step or it is a bug?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sher Lynn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sher Lynn,

I have tried the same thing - where i have created a Externalized Parameters in Eclipse and I am able to see the same in Eclipse but unfortunately WebUI does not show this as a configurable parameter.

Likewise I also created a new Integration Flow in my HCI and tried to set this as a Externalized Parameter but no luck.

Makes me wonder how the standard flows from SAP have them as Externalized and we can see them in WebUI Let me know if you find anything as well. I will continue to look as well.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I somehow found a workaround to make it work.

It's quite tedious in my opinion but that is the only way I found it to work.

1. Download your integration project via Deployed Artifacts in Eclipse (it'll be in JAR format)
  2. Open the JAR file in a ZIP file manager (I suggest use 7-Zip) and only need to maintain META-INF and src folders - delete the rest (I suspect it is the OSGI-INF folder that is causing the issue, it is always generated after you deploy the integration project in Eclipse)
  3. Create a new Integration Package in WebUI
  4. Once created, edit the Integration Package and add Process Integration
  5. Upload the JAR file that you've downloaded from Deployed Artifacts and save
  6. Check the process integration whether it can be configured or not (assuming that you've already have externalized parameters in your project)

It worked on my end. Do try out and let me know whether it works for you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sher Lynn

Message was edited by: Sher Lynn Teh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent, this works like a charm! The challenge we faced was when I was importing the Integration Flow, I was not deleting the additional folders in the .jar file! Thanks for asking the question and figuring this out!

Also thanks to Sriprasad whose answer also was along the same lines as well.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad that it works for you too!

This method works for Content Modifier that contains Externalized Parameter type value.

Now another issue I'm facing is I am unable to configure the Externalized Parameters that I extracted using Extract Parameters. Have you tried using Extract Parameters?

Regards,

Sher Lynn

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sher Lynn,

For Externalized Parameters using Extract Parameters to work, this is what I did,

• In Eclipse, did the action to Externalize Parameters and Sync with Editor.
  • The  below properties files were updated in Eclipse.
    • parameters.prop
    • parameters.propdef
  • Now, went to my Jar file and manually updated these 2 files using 7 Zip with the updated content.
  • Reimported this Integration Flow using the steps you have already described. And I could then see the parameters.

I was trying to externalize the Start Timer Step and below is my parameters.prop and parameters.propdef,

Visible in HCI WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I've checked my parameters.prop and parameters.propdef, both in Eclipse project and in my JAR file. The contents are the same, unfortunately it does not reflect in my WebUI Integration Project.

Any specific format you formatted the files to?

I'm trying to externalize the SMTP Connection Details for Address.

Extracted Parameter in Eclipse

Externalized Parameter in Eclipse

parameters.propdef

parameters.prop

In need of your advise.

Regards,

Sher Lynn

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sher Lynn,

Tried to Externalize the receiver Mail adapter URL as you wanted to and was able to do so without any issues.

The one thing I have to do is - make sure I delete the existing Integration Flow in my Package and then reimport the .jar file with the updated prop files and the src / meta inf files.

Would you mind sharing the error / screen that comes or the prop files? That might give a hint. Works for me and dont know how to help fix yours without doing a screen share as the steps are exactly as you have described them

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I managed to find where the Externalized Parameter is. When I configure the Process Integration, I have to select the receiver that I want to configure, e.g. RVR_SMTP_MAIL_Exception. The field that I externalized will be displayed.

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Sher Lynn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sher lynn,

I have tried externalizing the parameters and its working as expected.I have followed the below steps.

1) Create a file with name "parameters.prop" in src.main.resources package.

2) Content of the file.

#Parameter data and values

#Wed Aug 31 14:13:34 IST 2016

Filename=testfile1234.xml

3) Sync and reload the external parameter using options available in eclipse tooling

4) Navigate to your integration package in WEBUI and select the IFLOW then click on configure there you will see all the externalized parameters.

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sriprasad,

I am trying the exact same thing and unable to do this as well. 2 questions-

• How do you move the package from Eclipse to HCI WebUI for which the Externalized Parameter is defined? How do you then navigate to your iFlow? Maybe there is something different in the way you do and I am doing.
  • Have you tried to do this directly in a Integration Flow built in the WebUI? Even this doesnt seem to work for me.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

• Import/Export of Integration project
    1. Right click on integration project in Eclipse and export it as ZIP file.
    2. Will keep only META-INF and src folder( ZIP them for further import from WEBUI ).
    3. Will create a integration flow in designated integration package by uploading earlier zipped content.
    4. click on the curved arrow available next to newly created integration project and then click on configure which gives external parameter details.
  • Externalizing parameters in WEBUI.

I agree with you its not working.Tried having a content modifier with property of type defined as External Parameter but still no luck with externalizing a parameter.It shows "no attributes available for quick configuration in the selected integration artifact."

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriprasad,

I've tried your method of importing the integration project from Eclipse to WebUI but I somehow can't make it work.

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat wrote:

• Import/Export of Integration project
    1. Right click on integration project in Eclipse and export it as ZIP file.
    2. Will keep only META-INF and src folder( ZIP them for further import from WEBUI ).
    3. Will create a integration flow in designated integration package by uploading earlier zipped content.

I tried importing the ZIP file as mentioned in step #3, but I obtain the error as shown in the screenshot below.

I tried another method which is adding the ZIP file through Add > Process Integration after I create a new Integration Package in WebUI, still failed.

Regards,

Sher Lynn

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should have better chances of getting this answered in which is the appropriate space for this question. Moving it there for you.