cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LI21 with error message IO231

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

While clearing the IM differences with LI21, serial number problem showing.

Error message: IO231-Stock data of serial number N1234 not suitable for movement

How to move the stock between serail number N1234 to snr 6789??Is this possible or not?

As per the note 1618894 for message IO231, when i tried to create the MI01-physicla inventory document, error message M7727 is appreading.

Storage location entered is WM-relevant

Message no. M7727

Please suggest for error message no. IO231.

Thank you

Pabbati Obulesu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot use MI01 if the storage location is Warehouse managed

You have to use BAdI LE_WM_INV_WM_IM to specify serial numbers in a WM inventory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen L

Thank you for your reply.

I inform you that LI20 and  LI21 is posted with another existing serial number i.e 6789. but business is asking N1234 is the correct serial number for this material.

Through LI21 we posted the material document with 712 mvt (snr 6789), now the bin was cleared.  Business again posted material document with 711 mvt (decrease differences)  with snr 6789.

Now business issuing GI with order 261 mvt for the same material again, now the error message IO231 is appearing.

We  checked the BADI,  now the bin is cleared. i assume that the BADI need to implement after LI20- clear diff in WM right??

Do we need to reverse the entries posted with 711/ 712 mvt. if yes,how to reverse the entries here??

Best regards

Pabbati Obulesu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot reverse inventory movements, you have to conduct a new physical inventory correct wrong stock information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen

The issue is solved with the help of new transaction ZIQ10 (sap note 409544 suggested by SAP )

Reason: Serial number stock data don't fit to the stock data of MM Inventory Management.

Thank you

Best Regards

Pabbati Obulesu

Answers (0)