Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Area activation failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Recently, I copied a CT Planning Area from Standard SAP PA model : SAP5

While activating, I got the following issues which led to PA activation failure:

E - Procedure creation failed for Planning Set: BASEEXPTSAP5SAP5 with error: An exception of type 'CX_AMDP_EXECUTION_FAILED' occurred, that was not caught anywhere in the call hierarchy. It was not handled locally or declared using a RAISING clause.

E - Error when activating planning set BASEEXPTSAP5SAP5

E - An exception was raised.

E - An exception of type 'CX_AMDP_EXECUTION_FAILED' occurred, that was not caught anywhere in the call hierarchy. It was not handled locally or declared using a RAISING clause.

E - An error occurred when the database procedure    /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPINTEG=>SOPINTEG_GPRC_GPLOBJID_BPL_PLS  was called. Potentially, the procedure    /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPINTEG=>SOPINTEG_GPRC_GPLOBJID_BPL_PLS  was called by another database procedure. The method called from ABAP is    /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPINTEG=>SOPINTEG_GPRC_GPLOBJID_BPL_PLS  Database connection used: "" (default connection if empty)  SQL error on the database: "129"  SQL message on the database: "transaction rolled back by an internal error:  [129] "SAPHANADB"."/IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPINTEG=>SOPINTEG_GPRC_GPLOBJID_BPL_PLS#stb2#20160820092035": line 11 col 3 (at pos 302): [129] (range 3): transaction rolled back by an internal error: transaction rolled back by an internal error: "SAPHANADB"."/IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPDM=>SOPDM_CREA_DROP_PROC_AS_SAPSOP": line 45 col 13 (at pos 1805): [129] (range 3): transaction rolled back by an internal error: sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "WHERE": line 49 col 1474 (at pos 6017)"

E -  Error at: /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPINTEG=====CP, /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPINTEG=====CM011:1

Can anyone please tell me what might be causing this issue?

Regards,

Suprio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steve_rampton2
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Suprio

I had the same issue when activating SAP5. The release notes (2308825) do have a statement:

"The copy of SAP5 model can be activated only in the second attempt of planning area activation (and

the option "Include Related Master Data Types" has to be marked in both cases in order to activate it

properly)."

However when I did this activation still failed with a 'STOP' and we had to raise an incident with SAP. Apparently there were some procedures 'stuck' in HANA.

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Was there any Data Integration job running during the activation? If yes, then try to re-activate again.

2. If it is not case 1, then check if there is any planning level, in which there is no root attribute selected of a MDT.

Best regards

Rinju Mukherjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rinju for quick response.

I have checked all the planning levels and definition of roots are as per the standard definition.

Moreover there was no data integration process "in Progress" at the time time of activation.

However as per my observation, all the planning Levels and Key figures are "Active" but the versions are still inactive. Can this be causing the activation failure?

Regards,

Suprio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

Did you try to activate the planning area with MDT option? If not, then please do so. If it still does not work, then i suggest you to raise OSS ticket.

Best regards

Rinju