cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the maximum order quantity for one particular material with respect to one customer in a particular period of time without ZTABLE

vinojrv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client needs to limit the maximum order quantity for one particular material with respect to one customer in a particular period of time. My suggestion was to maintain a ZTABLE with customer , material, maximum order quantity and period but they are not interested in going for an ZTABLE. I had an alternative suggestion using condition update/condition index and do some enhancements in condition record with the time period and maximum order quantity and write a program to update the values in a table because (ie) if the maximum order quantity is 10 and if the customer places multiple orders with order quantity less than 10 system should not allow so the quantity has to be updated, I don’t know how far this will workout it’s something that I could come up with. Another problem we are facing here is that all the condition records are maintained in the combination which involves sales org, distribution channel etc , so they are not interested in maintaining all the records with only customer and material combination and that’s another tedious process. So I kindly request someone to help me out in an alternative approach for this scenario. I have already searched SCN for a solution but I couldn’t find anything related to my scenario (ie) without ZTABLE.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to achieve this requirement via standard.  May be for delivery, you can set some control.  Also considering it is only a temporary exercise, going for customization is not a Best Practice.  Still if your client insists to have this control in SAP, the only option is to go for customization.

G. Lakshmipathi

vinojrv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi,

So you are saying that it's probable that my logic would work ? (ie) using condition update/condition index, just that it's not a good practice. I kindly request you to explain me why it's not a good practice? because when I say it's not a good practice to the client, I would have to substantiate my statement why, so please help me out.

Regards,

Vinoj RV

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoj,

Even in the method you have suggested there is a enhancement involved (You have mentioned to write a program to control...). Will the client be OK with this, since they are not OK with a having a new Z-Table.

Firstly if this particular requirement is only for a temporary period, for only One Customer, for a particular Material and for a short period. Thus going for a Custom development / Enhancement is not suggested since  this is for a specific Customer & material and only for a temporary period.

How would be the idea of inserting the Delivery Blocks for this Customer in the Sales Orders for the particular period? Every time the Customer places this order, it goes into delivery block and a authorized person can review the order and release the Delivery block or adjust the quantity and release the Delivery block.

Since the requirement is only for a temporary period, the client should not have any issue in reviewing the Sales orders from this particular Customer.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

vinojrv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Jignesh, will discuss it with my client and get back to you on it.

Thanks,

Vinoj RV

Answers (0)