cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot keyfigure solution

Former Member

Hi, experts.

I have a business requirement to snapshot a keyfigure twenty times,how could i do it, because the snpashot keyfigure configuration has a limitation of 9 snapshot, someone had this requirement too?

thanks!

Fabio Matias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hello Fabio,

You can consider copy operator as well in this case since your requirement is 20.

Regards,

Deep Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourojit_pal
Participant

Hi Fabio,

You can try with one snapshot Key figure of type "change history".

This KF will display the last change while remaining 19 will be available in the change history.

Regards,

Sourojit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Hey Sourojit

did you ever test that? Did it work? Or is it just an idea?

Because, according to Release Restriction note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2351053

change history is not supported for snapshot keyfigures

That means, even if it should work (I never tested it), I would rather agree witrh Deep Singh and go for copy operator as if you run into troubles, at least you have support. I like the  better  anyhow...

Irmi

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

My apologies Irmi, its just an idea from demand sensing help guide. In demand sensing, as per the snapshot creation guide under application help (link: Creating Historical Forecast Snapshots for Demand Sensing - SAP Integrated Business Planning - SAP L...)  there is a requirement to create a snapshot of type "change history". So its just an idea from there.

However, I too agree with Deep's response of creating Copy operators.

Regards,

Sourojit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Hey Sourojit

that is indeed misleading description. However, if you check chapter 11 "Snapshots" in model config guide http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp1608_model_conf.pdf , you will find as well the hint

• "The change history is not supported for snapshots"

as a note as well as

• "However, you can still set up a snapshot operator as type Change History. This is required if you want to use the operator to create historical forecast snapshots for demand sensing purposes. In all other cases, choose Original for the snapshot type."

So this type "Change History" is potentially a confusing naming as it only should work together with Demand Sensing.

Yours

Irmi

P.S.: Having 20 "snapshots" (as copies in different key figures) needs to be considered in sizing...

sourojit_pal
Participant

Thanks Irmi,

That was really a very helpful point and would remove the confusions on Snapshot of type "change history". I do apologize for my previous post on snapshot.

Regards,

Sourojit