cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi forum pls clarify the concept, about IDOC...pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi forum pls clarify the concept,

In a typical IDOC to XI scenario, when my XI receives an IDOC, how it makes out whether it is receiving the IDOC from the intended sender,

does it sees the

<SAP:SNDPOR>???</SAP:SNDPOR>

<SAP:SNDPRN>????</SAP:SNDPRN>

<SAP:SNDPRT>???</SAP:SNDPRT>

in the inbound message and matches it with the business system name in the SLD, to confirm.....

if it is the case, then the name of the business system in the SLD cant be arbitrary, it should be the name that the sender SAP system attaches as the sender port/partner number, in the outbound IDOC. Coz, i think when an IDOC is sent from an SAP system, the System attaches the sender port and and partner number by defaullt, and that partner no./port may not be maintained.

pls clarify

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As explained by Ahmad, it is correct, After puhing the Idoc from sender R3 to XI then it will identify the Business system based on logical system name which was men in SLD, later based on the RFC destination and the Port the Idoc will be reached the XI Integration Engine.

The inbuilt IDOc adapter which resides on IE (ABAP Stack) will parse the IDoc into IDoc-XML and send it to IE pipeline,

see the below link more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

And port and partner no, we need to configure in R3 side, see the below links to know more details on settings

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

IDOc testing - /people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

Idoc settings https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

if receiver is also Idoc then

We need to check the checkbox in receiver Idoc adapter fill the payload data into control record.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i trigger the IDOC from we19, in the EDIDC of the IDOC, the sender port and partner no. was somthing that was not maintained in the system.....why ?????

actually i picked an earlier sent IDOC...that was successfully sent

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

when u send an IDOC from R/3 using we19,u have to specify the control structure and based upon that logical system is selected and then subsequent stuffs.

When the Idoc is sent from R3, it will search in the SLD with its logical system name to find what the correspionding Bsuiness System is. After it finds the Business System it will fill the SOAP header with details like Sender Service and Sender Interface and Sender NameSpace and with these values deterkine the receiver.

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmad pls read the following, and pls help ...as i m quite inexperienced::

Let me put the case in this way…

(I m a beginner and just testing already developed configuration)

I have a IDOC to XI scenario, where an IDOC is being sent from a

SAP system System ID SD1, client 330,

To my XI, with Syatem ID XD1, client 430,

Now in the sender in SDI330, I made port/partner number for XD1430 as port=SAPXD1, Partner no.=XD1CLNT430, and partner_type=LS,

Now when I sent this IDOC from SD1330 to XI, In the EDIDC I can see, details of both sender and receiver, but the sender details(port=SAPSD1, partner_no.=SD1CLNT330) appears, though they are not maintained(IS IT AUTOMATIC???).

Now when the IDOC reaches XI, how it makes out whether it is receiving the IDOC from the intended sender,

does it sees the

<SAP:SNDPOR>SAPSD1</SAP:SNDPOR>

<SAP:SNDPRN>SD1CLNT330</SAP:SNDPRN>

<SAP:SNDPRT>LS</SAP:SNDPRT>

in the inbound message and matches it with the business system name in the SLD, to confirm.....

if it is the case, then the name of the business system in the SLD cant be arbitrary, it should be the name that the sender SAP system attaches as the sender port/partner number, in the outbound IDOC. Coz, i think when an IDOC is sent from an SAP system, the System attaches the sender port and and partner number by defaullt, and that partner no./port may not be maintained.

pls clarify.

Now if all above cases are true, I think that the XI system must have maintained a port/partner to connect to the sender SAP system (SD1CLNT330), to get the IDOC metadata. And can these port and partner nos be arbitrary named or should be named strictly as SD1CLNT330. And should I maintain this port for loading metadata in the IDX1.